It is now time to prepare for the upcoming marching band season. This is a new year with higher expectations. The band will continue to move toward a more competitive atmosphere, and we will expect more of each individual so the band will be more successful. Attendance and self-discipline will be the focus of this season. All students will be responsible for submitting the Absence Request Form for any missed rehearsals. This can be found online at www.charmsoffice.com. Do not take this lightly! Attendance will be taken at every rehearsal and event. All members should read the sections that apply to you.
- It is our hope to offer better communication with
parents and students. Please note
the ways that are presently available and utilize as many as you can.
– This is the primary website for feeding and obtaining information from
those within the program. Each
student will be assigned a login and password. Parents should become well acquainted
with this website as it used for many things.
– This is the official website of our band program. Its purpose is to feed information to
those people who are outside the band program.
- My e-mail – email@example.com
- Facebook – We have a page called Mauldin High
School Band that sends out announcements.
Please visit it and “Like” it so you can receive those notices. It’s the one with our logo.
- Phone calls – My office phone is (864)
355-6615. If you have a business
phone call, please call that line.
- Remind101 – A way for me to text students
without them being able to text back.
TWO MORE SPECIFIC THINGS
FOR THIS YEAR
- The Seniors and the Drumline members will perform
for the Relay for Life at the Mauldin Cultural Center on August 8 at
5:00pm. This should not affect the
timing of the Potluck/Exhibition.
- The San Antonio Trip is currently scheduled for
December 29-January 3. I will
receive a lot more information regarding the trip in mid-July, and then I
will forward it to all of you.
Until then, please make your payments as scheduled. Rehearsals are scheduled on Tuesdays and
Thursdays from 4:00-5:30pm from November 4-December 16.
I think that is it for
now. Let’s all get excited for this new
Thank you for your attention
Adam Scheuch and Katherine Myers