SS=Summer Semester (Apr-Sep), WS=Winter Semester (Oct-Mar), each semester consists of approximately 15 weeks of teaching. Exercises usually held by TAs. Unless stated differently, all courses held at TU Darmstadt and in German.
* "Best exercises" award of the computer science student's
body for the winter term 2007/08, based on a vote among students.
- Computer System Security (with exercises, 2h+1h/week=5CP). WS 16/17.
- Introduction to Computer Science I: Functional and Object-Oriented Programming Concepts (with exercises, 4h+2h/week, plus programming project=10CP). WS 15/16, WS 13/14.
- Cryptoplexity (with exercises, either 3h+1h or 2h+2h/week=6CP). SS 17, SS 16, SS 15, SS 14, SS 13, SS 12, SS 11.
- Real-World Crypto (with exercises, 3h+1h/week=6CP). SS17.
- Introduction to Cryptography (with exercises, 2h+2h/week=6CP). WS 14/15, WS 11/12, WS 07/08*.
- Algorithms and Complexity (with exercises, 2h+2h=6CP). SS12.
- Cryptographic Gems (with exercises, 3h+1h/week=6CP). WS 12/13 (with Pooya Farshim).
- Advanced Cryptography (with exercises, 2h+2h/week=6CP). SS 09.
- Cryptographic Hash Functions (with exercises, 2h+2h/week=6CP). SS 10 (with Anja Lehmann).
- Online Algorithms (with exercises, 2h+1h/week=4.5CP). SS 07.
- Foundations of Encryption (with exercises, 2h+1h/week=4.5CP). SS06, SS05 (@ETH Zurich).
* Ranked second according to students' grades among all
courses in the computer science department in that semester for
"close connection to research" and "well-prepared lecturer",
as well as third for "good supporting examples" and
"high motivation for self-studies".
- Research-Oriented Cryptography (4h/week=6CP). WS 16/17, WS 14/15, WS 12/13, SS 08*, WS 07/08.
- Practical Course on CAPTCHAs (4h/week=6CP). WS 11/12, WS 10/11, SS 10, WS 09/10, WS 08/09.