Tips And Tricks
- How to set UTF-8 for JavaDoc in Eclipse?
- export -> javadoc -> next -> in extra vm options write -encoding UTF-8 -charset UTF-8 -docencoding UTF-8
We recommend to install all plugins over the Eclipse market place function. This approach worked well for Eclipse Indigo. This Eclipse version has already Mylyn, and JUnit installed with the distribution.
- Continuous Integration
- Clean Code and Test Driven Development (eXtreme Programming techniques)
- eclEmma for code coverage, uses the JaCoCo framework for computing the code coverage
- CheckStyle Plugin for static code analysis
- FindBugs Plugin for static code analysis
- PMD Plugin for static code analysis. It seems that updated versions for newer Eclipse versions are no more distributed.
- Logviewer for simple log files analysis
- JVM Monitor for resource usage during application execution
- The installation of service pack one for Eclipse Juno destroyed my installation. I had to download a clean version of Eclipse and reinstall all plugins. Thanks to the above information the clean installation took around 15 minutes.