posted Oct 6, 2011, 5:51 AM by Marcel Baumann
updated Oct 6, 2011, 5:54 AM
A short self-test to verify that your Scrum approach is working in the area of the retrospective meeting and the impediments resolution.
- If the impediment backlog lives in the mysterious black book of the ScrumMaster, you have a problem
- If your impediment backlog does not change, you have a problem
- If your impediment backlog is empty, you have a problem
- If you have an impediment backlog with a growing number of active impediments, you have a problem
- If the ScrumMaster resolves all impediments himself, you have a problem
- If you do not solve at least one impediment each sprint, you have a problem
See the last publication at the Scrum alliance for a discussion of impediment resolution. As a Scrum coach, Scrum master or Scrum team member you should answer the above questions at least four times a year.