- an Indic language; the state language of Maharashtra in west central India;
written in the Devanagari script
- The Indic language of the Marathas, spoken by about 60 million people in
Maharashtra and elsewhere
- Carey, Serampore, 1810, 8vo: Kennedy, Bombay, 1824, fol.: Jugunnauth Shastri
Kramavant, Bombay, 1829-1831, 4to, 3 vols.: Molesworth, ib. 1831, 4to; 2nd ed.
1847, 4to; ed. Candy, Bombay, 1857, 4to, 957 pages; abridged by Baba Padmanji,
ib. 1863, 8vo; 2nd ed.
- (?????) is one of the widely spoken languages of India, and has a long
literary history. In Maharashtra state about 70 million people speak Marathi.
- A photo finish
- PHOTO was the name of an American photographic magazine geared towards men.
It was published monthly by the Official Magazine Corporation beginning in June
- Photo is a French magazine about photography, published monthly by Hachette
Filipacchi Medias. It is mostly focused on artistic aspects of photography
rather than technical aspects. The editorial line is mostly oriented toward
fashion and nude photography.
- A photograph
- photograph: a representation of a person or scene in the form of a print or
transparent slide; recorded by a camera on light-sensitive
- A female child
- A young or relatively young woman
- a young woman; "a young lady of 18"
- female child: a youthful female person; "the baby was a girl"; "the girls
were just learning to ride a tricycle"
- daughter: a female human offspring; "her daughter cared for her in her old
- A person's daughter, esp. a young one
These are young girls rescued from the
Red-Light districts of Mumbai. I cannot imagine what they have been through.
Facing poverty, abandonment, and probably abuse, these girls have been brought
to a safe place where they can find new life. Some were so anxious for me to
take their photo. Others would beg and plead for me to "delete! erase!" I
couldn't bring myself to destroy this one. Each face tells a different story.
This is a small girl of a servant in a small
village where one of my relatives stay (Kundal in Sangli district, Maharashtra).
She was so cute, shy but still liked the fact that someone is taking her photo!
I was really thrilled by her eye contact (and also was depressed considering
what lies ahead of hear). I just wish she get good education in future to lead