We have a very ambitious plan to have mapUps in 80 cities across the Philippines and would like to dedicate this activity for Philippine Tourism. Here are a list of establishments we hope the mapUps can prioritize:
Hotels and Resorts
Pasalubong shopping stores
Healthcare establishments (hospitals, clincs etc.)
Philippine Red Cross branches
Telco branches (PLDT/Smart/Globe/Sun/your local telco)
5-Easy Steps on How to Conduct a mapUp:
1. Conducting a mapUp is easy! You just need the following:
- about 10-20 mapping volunteers
- a venue that has wifi (can also be an internet cafe)
- as an organizer you need to have some experience on using Google Map Maker so you can teach your participants. Don't worry you we have everything from the preso to the invitation to how-to videos on the Google MapUp Kit at the bottom of this page.
- you can also opt to get some support from your local Department of Tourism Office.
2. Please let us know about your intention to conduct a mapUp. Registration form is here. Please have on hand the following info: date of mapUp, venue of mapUp, number of attendees, link to registration form of your mapUp. After we receive our registration you will receive a confirmation email after 3 working days.
3. Attend one of the Google Map Maker Summits in Baguio, Bacolod or General Santos City if you. (Details here).
4. During your mapUp don't forget to get a list of your attendees and their email addresses. Also ask them to register for the Map Your Town competition if they wish to join. Don't forget to take photos.
5. After your mapUp post your photos on your blog or web photo album (i.e. Picasa) and send us the list of attendees with their email addresses so we can determine how many edits your mapUp contributed.
Check out how much fun we had last year during the Philippines Summer of MapUps.