The aim and objects for which the Society is established are as under:
- To promote and cultivate an atmosphere for the advancement of research on all aspects of Medicinal and Aromatic Plants conservation, production, utilization and trade.
- To promote general interests and interaction among researchers working on Medicinal and Aromatic Plants in different institutions and organizations within the country and abroad and extend its usefulness for the public advantage.
- To provide a forum for the exchange and dissemination of research information and experiences related to Medicinal and Aromatic Plants.
- To publish an Open Access Peer Reviewed Scientific Journal of Medicinal and Aromatic Plants and also material in the interest of public.
- To carry out such activities as are relevant to the accomplishment of the above goals.