What We Believe
Manhollow Missionary Baptist Church embraces the following beliefs:
- There is one God eternally existing in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit (Matthew 28:19).
- Jesus Christ was begotten by the Holy Spirit and born of a virgin (Matthew 1:18 & 23), led a sinless life, took on Himself all our sins (Romans 5:8-9), died on the cross, and rose again (1 Corinthians 15:1-4). He is seated at the right hand of the Father as our mediator (Heb 9:15) and advocate (1 John 2:1).
- The Bible is God’s Word, uniquely and fully inspired by the Holy Spirit (2 Timothy 3:16-17), and is authoritative on all matters on which it speaks (2 Peter 1:20-21).
- All people sin and fall short of the glory of God (Romans 3:23) and will face eternal separation from God unless they come into a saving relationship with Jesus Christ (John 3:16-17). Salvation is a free gift from God (Ephesians 2:8-9) that can only be received by faith in Jesus Christ (Acts 4:12, Galatians 2:16).
- God works through the members of His church to evangelize the lost and teach believers to obey His commands (Matthew 28:18-20). Churches are to be open to and accepting of all people, offering God’s love and redemption to each person without prejudice or condemnation (John 3:16-18). However, in their efforts to reach out, churches must take care to uphold the Word of God, and not engage in moral compromise (Romans 12:2).
- God's people are called to holiness in all aspects of life (Galatians 5:22-25), with the goal of being conformed to the image of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ (Romans 8:29).