Ngai-Man (Man) CheungAssistant Professor
Singapore University of Technology and Design (SUTD)
Tel: +65 6499 4542
Building 1, Level 5, 1.502-17
8 Somapah Road, Singapore 487372
Research Interest: Image and Video Processing/Analysis, Signal Processing/Classification, Multimedia Communication, Computer Vision
I received my Ph.D. degree in Electrical Engineering from University of Southern California (USC), Los Angeles, CA, in 2008. My Ph.D. research focused on image and video coding, and the work was supported in part by NASA-JPL.
From 2009-2011, I was a postdoctoral researcher with the Image, Video and Multimedia Systems group at Stanford University, Stanford, CA. News:
- 03/2017: Paper at CVPR 2017
- Thanh-Toan Do, Dang-Khoa Le Tan, Ngai-Man Cheung, "Simultaneous Feature Aggregating and Hashing for Large-scale Image Search," in Proc. CVPR 2017.
- 01/2017: Papers at ICASSP 2017
- R Liu, H Nejati, Seyed Hamid Safavi, Ngai-Man Cheung, "Simultaneous Low-rank Component and Graph Estimation for High-dimensional Graph Signals: Application to Brain Imaging," in Proc. ICASSP 2017. IEEE International Conference on Acoustics, Speech and Signal Processing (ICASSP) 2017. [PDF]
- Yiren Zhou, Sibo Song, Ngai-Man Cheung, "On Classification of Distorted Images with Deep Convolutional Neural Networks," in Proc. ICASSP 2017. IEEE International Conference on Acoustics, Speech and Signal Processing (ICASSP) 2017. [PDF]
- 08/2016: Recent paper on computation / memory constrained image processing
- Yiren Zhou, Thanh-Toan Do, Haitian Zheng, Ngai-Man Cheung, and Lu Fang, "Computation and Memory Efficient Image Segmentation." IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems for Video Technology 2016. [PDF]
- 07/2016: Recent papers on Image Hashing
- Thanh-Toan Do, Anh-Dzung Doan, Ngai-Man Cheung, "Learning to Hash with Binary Deep Neural Network," in Proc. ECCV 2016 [PDF]
- Thanh-Toan Do, Anh-Dzung Doan, Duc-Thanh Nguyen, Ngai-Man Cheung, "Binary Hashing with Semidefinite Relaxation and Augmented Lagrangian," in Proc. ECCV 2016 [PDF]
- 07/2016: Recent paper on Egocentric Video
- S. Song, V. Chandrasekhar, B. Mandal, L. Li, J. H. Lim, G. S. Babu, P. P. San, Ngai-Man Cheung, "Multimodal Multi-Stream Deep Learning for Egocentric Activity Recognition", Proc. of IEEE CVPR - 4th Workshop on Egocentric (First-Person) Vision 2016. [PDF]
- 06/2016: Invited talk at ACM MobiSys 2016 - 3rd Workshop on Mobile Gaming: "Low Bit-rate Mobile Cloud Gaming"
- 06/2016: Recent papers on Mobile Cloud Gaming
- Seong-Ping Chuah, Ngai-Man Cheung, Chau Yuen, "Layered Coding for Mobile Cloud Gaming Using Scalable Blinn-Phong Lighting." IEEE Transactions on Image Processing, vol. 25, no. 7, July 2016. [PDF]
- Jiyan Wu, Chau Yuen, Ngai-Man Cheung, Junliang Chen, Chang Wen Chen, "Streaming Mobile Cloud Gaming Video over TCP with Adaptive Source-FEC Coding." IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems for Video Technology - Special Issue on Visual Computing in the Cloud: Mobile Computing. 2016. [PDF]