|source: Grammy/Mom - family favorite recipe
- 2 C flour
- 1 ¼ teaspoons baking pwder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 C butter (2 sticks), softened
- 2 C sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 ½ teaspoons vanilla
- 1 C sour cream
- ½ C chopped nuts (walnuts or pecans are good)
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- powdered sugar (for dusting)
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Grease and flour an angel food cake pan.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- Cream together the butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla. Alternately add the dry ingredients and the sour cream to the creamed mixture. Put half the batter into the prepared cake pan. Sprinkle with half of the filling. Add the remaining batter and top with the remaining filling. Bake for 1 hour.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- Cool right-side up in the pan for 2-3 hours or overnight. Carefully lift the cake off the angel food cake pan, slice and serve!