source: Mama Jan Original
yields: 10-12 burritos
- 1 pound ground beef, chicken or turkey (for vegetarian option, substitute two cans black beans)
- 2 cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- taco seasoning
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 3 bell peppers, thinly sliced (I used red, orange and yellow)
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4-1/2 pound shredded Cheddar or Mexican blend cheese
- 10-12 tortillas
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Cook your ground meat until brown, drain. Add 2 cans of black beans. Add in taco seasoning and cook according to seasoning's directions.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a frying pan. Add peppers and onions. Sauté.
- When your meat mixture and pepper mixture are ready, scoop 1/3 to 1/2 cup meat mixture onto a tortilla shell. Add a scoop of the pepper mixture and top with a small handful of cheese. Fold sides and roll into burritos.
- Place burritos in an ungreased 9x13 baking dish. Bake in preheated oven for 12-15 minutes until the shells begin to brown.
- Enjoy! Serve with a fresh fruit salad.
After rolling your burritos, place on a baking pan in the freezer for a couple hours ("flash freeze"). Once frozen, roll individually in plastic wrap then place in a ziploc freezer bag. Label (with the date!) and freeze for up to 3 months. Try to remove as much air as possible from the freezer bag. To cook, thaw and follow baking instructions above.