Honey Almond Chia Granola (gluten-free)
- 2 cups rolled oats*
- 3/4 cups raw almonds, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup chia seeds
- 1/2 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1/3 cup honey (I used raw, unfiltered)
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons egg white (from one egg)
Makes about 24 ounces
*use certified gluten-free for GF version
- Preheat the oven to 300°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine rolled oats, almonds, chia seeds, salt and shredded
- In a separate small bowl, combine the honey, coconut oil, coconut sugar,
vanilla extract and two egg whites.
- Pour wet ingredients into the dry and stir until everything is mixed
- Spread mixture onto baking sheet so that it is a large, flat rectangular
- Bake in oven for about 45 minutes or until golden brown.
- If you prefer not to have large chunks of granola then remove it from the
oven at 30 minutes and stir before cooking the remainder of the time. Otherwise,
allow granola to cool for at least thirty minutes before breaking up into large
- Store in an airtight container for up to two weeks.
Total time: 55 minutes (10 minutes hands on time)