In Good Standing is a the term used to describe an official that has fulfilled (or is in the process of fulfilling) all of the requirements set forth in the MWLOA By-Laws necessary to receive a game schedule from the MWLOA assignor for the upcoming season. Officials that qualify for post-season tournament games must also be In Good Standing to be assigned to post-season games.
So what exactly does it mean to be "in good standing"?
According to the MWLOA By-Laws, a member is considered to be "in good
standing" by completing each of the following:
- Pay MWLOA dues on time: 3/5/17 or make arrangements with treasurer, Barbara Snapp
- Pay annual dues to US Lacrosse by April 1, 2017
- Take and pass both the 2017 US Lacrosse Girls' Rules Exam and the 2017 US Lacrosse Girls' Youth Exam
- Attend the annual business meeting or have sent an absentee reason to Vice-President, Betsy Abbott: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Attend a 2017 Rules Interpretation
- Annual meeting - 3/5/17
- Thornton Academy - 3/27/17 - 6:00 PM
- Falmouth High School - 3/30/17 - 6:00 PM
- Thomas College - 4/7/17 - 4:00 PM
- Provide at least two-hours of service at a play day.
- Sagadahoc Invitational - Bath - 4/1/17 - 8:30 AM - 8:30 PM
- Maine Lax Festival - Thomas College - 4/7/17 - 3:00 PM - 9:30 PM
- UNE Play Day - University of New England - Biddeford - 4/17/17 - 7:30 AM - 4:30 PM
- Attend a minimum of two-hours of classroom training
- National convention, Collegiate clinic, or MWLOA classroom session
- Experienced Officials with 3+ years of experience
- Falmouth High School - Thursday, March 9 - 6:00-8:00 PM
- Thornton Academy, Saco - Monday, March 20 - 6:00-8:00 PM
- 2nd and 3rd Year Officials:
- Thornton Academy, March 13th & 20th - 6:00-8:00 PM
- Falmouth High School, March 16th & 23rd - 6:00-8:00 PM
- Thomas College, March 19th - 10:00 AM - 2:00 PM
- Husson University, March 26th - 10:00 AM - 2:00 PM
- Have completed the process of CHRC or US Lacrosse background check.