The uniform for adult officials of girls' lacrosse consists of the following:
- Wide vertical black and white striped jersey.
- Long sleeve is often preferred for the pre-season and early season games.
- Short sleeve is preferred for warmer weather.
- Black undershirts or turtlenecks may be worn under the striped jersey.
- Striped jerseys specifically designed for women:
- YOLO Sportswear has come out with a GREAT set of women's striped jerseys and kilts. These were designed by YOLO in conjunction with a national umpire.
- Officia Sports has a set of GREAT women's tops: cool, breathable fabric with a pocket on the front, a collar, and a soft v-neck with no zipper.
- Striped jerseys for men:
- Black kilt/skort, black shorts, or black pants (women). Black shorts or black pants
- The kilt below is an excellent length, has a pocket for cards, and is adjustable. It is from LL Bean. Purchase from their cycling shop on Main Street in Freeport, or online.
- The pants below are a great choice for early spring umpiring. They are designed for women and are warm but not bulky. They are water resistant and provide excellent freedom of movement.
- Socks-Low black or white. Second option: Black knee socks
- Black hat or visor without a manufacturer's logo
- Jacket: Black/White stripes (game/pre-game) or predominantly
- Current Rulebook in possession with measuring tape, whistle,
cards, yellow flag, and pencil.
Teen junior officials will receive an "Official" t-shirt at their training clinic to be worn while officiating games. Teens are encouraged to wear black: shorts/kilt, socks, shoes - for the rest of the uniform as much as possible.