Note to new and existing customers: Forwarding and Reply does not
worth with OS3.0 & above. This is due to a bug in the iPhone OS3.0
& above. I have filed a technical bug report and Apple has
acknowledged the issue. Hopefully, this should be fixed in a new
software update by Apple sometime soon. Since this is an issue at
Apple's end. I am currently unable to provide a fix from my end. Hope
you understand. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Some Useful tips:
a powerful, yet easy to use application to send email to groups. The highly customizable and configurable nature of this application allows users to create several groups with multiple contacts and launch the mail application with just one click.
It provides an elegant, simple interface that you are already familiar with, to create and maintain your groups.
With as single tap, you can change your contact to be a either "To", "CC" or "BCC" recipient in the group. Apart from just adding contacts from your phone book, it also allows you to add email address of contacts outside of your phone book. Also, a pre-defined subject and body message can be set for every group which makes it much easier when you are sending repetitive information to same group of people often.
With Mail2Group, you can also email picture to the groups using SMTP.
If still not sure Mail2Group would meet all your needs, try Mail2Group Lite for FREE!!
Post your questions & comments here. If interested you can read the blog post "Story behind Mail2Group" here.
- Create Multiple Groups
- Easy Launch of the Mail Application
- Re-arrange email addresses in the order you like them to be populated in the Mail Application
- Set "To", "CC", "BCC" or "X" labels to individual email addresses.
- Allows for an optional subject and body text to be set.
- Sort Groups by Name.
- Create New Groups from existing groups as a template (i.e., Copy Groups)
- Send picture to groups.
- Use the body message to set personalized signatures for every group.
- To change the type to "To", "CC" or "BCC", just touch the contact's email address or name on the detailed view.
- Use the copy feature to create new groups from existing ones without having to add contacts manualy.
- Change type to "X" to exclude a member from the group easily without removing him/her from the group.
- Use reply/forward mode to ignore pre-defined subject or body text when wanting to forward emails to groups.
- Checkout the settings feature (resembles a toolbar icon) on how to show a confirmation message, sort groups by name and configure SMTP settings.
Create a New Group
- Click on the "+" button at the top-right corner of the screen
- Click on the Group Name to enter a New Group Name and optional subject text. Click "Save"
"Add new email from phonebook" and choose an existing contact from the
contact. If the chosen contact, has an email address set, a selection
list is presented to allow the selection.
If no email address is
available, an error message is shown.
"Add new email" from the Edit Screen to enter a email address manually.
Select the type "Home", "Work" or "Other" label for the email address.
- Click "Add email body text" in the Edit screen to
set a default body text for the group. Click "Save"
. You can set
customized signatures, conference call numbers etc
- Finally, Click "Done" to save the group changes.
Edit an existing Group
- Choose an existing group's detail by clicking on the blue arrow at the right end of the group name.
- On the new Detailed View, click on the "Edit" button at the right corner of the screen.
- Choose, new contacts or edit existing contacts by selecting the appropriate contact cell.
- To delete, an existing email id, click on the red icon on the left side of the email address cell and choose the Delete option.
- Re-arrange the contact's email address if needed.
- Click "Done" to save your changes.
In Detailed View, touch the individual email address or contact to set
the "To", "CC" or "BCC" label. Set the label "X" to exclude them from
the list. By doing this, you wouldn't have to delete a contact to
temporarily exclude them.
- Click on the copy icon on right side the bottom toolbar.
- Select the Group you liked to be copied.
- Enter a name for the newly copied group.
Copying groups will copy all the contacts information, subject and body (if available)
Delete an existing Group
- Click on the "Edit" button at the top left corner from the main screen.
- Click on the red icon to the left and choose the delete option.
- Click "Done" to finish your editing changes.
Change Settings for Mail2Group
- Choose the button that resembles a "toolbox"
- Set Confirm to "ON" if you would like to see a confirmation message when you choose a group.
- Set Alpha Sort to "ON", to sort the groups by name.
"Reply/Forward" mode to "ON" to ignore pre-defined subject and body
text set in the group. Hint: Use this mode when you want to forward
emails to groups or when you would like to include a group to reply.
- Configure to the SMTP settings if you would like to send pictures to groups.
Configure the SMTP settings to be able to send picture to groups.
- Enter your email address. (ex:firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Enter your email account password. (Note: passw
ords are stored locally on the phone. It is never sent or shared.)
- Enter smtp host name.
- For Gmail: smtp.gmail.com
- For hotmail: smtp.live.com
- For Mac/me: smtp.mac.com or smtp.me.com
- Set SSL to "ON". Gmail needs SSL turned ON. It may vary ac
ross different service provider.
Please, contact or refer to your email provider documents to get the
smtp host name of your email service provider for any other email
Sending Picture to Groups
- Choose the Camera icon on the main screen.
- Tap the top row once, to show a list of available groups and select a group to send the picture to.
- Tap the "Choose picture" icon to open the photo library and select a picture.
- Enter a subject text (optional)
- Choose the "Send" button.
Note: Once you select a picture, tap the image again to choose a different picture.