First Name: ______________________Last Name: _____________________________
Contact Numbers: (H) ________________________ (W) _________________________
· Submit a brief biography of yourself and your art work (one page or less)
I have read the attached Art Exhibit Policy and Procedure document and will conform to its terms.
Please let us know how you heard about this project.
___ Madison Library Newsletter ___ Article in the Madison Sentinel
___ Poster orhandout at the library ___ Madison Co. Arts Council
___ Word of mouth
HOW TO SUBMIT AN APPLICATION.
You can submit your application to the Madison Library Art Committee in several ways:
· You can e-mail it to MadisonArtProject@yahoo.com with five (5) attached photographs of your work and your bio.
· You can drop it off in person at any of the Branches of Madison County Library -in a manila envelope - together with five (5) photographs of your work andyour bio.
· You can mail the entire packet [application form + five (5) photographs + your bio] to any of the Branches of Madison County Library.
Mars Hill Branch Library Hot Springs Branch Library Marshall Main Library
PO Box 28 PO Box 175 1335 N. Main Street
Mars Hill, NC 28754 Hot Springs, NC 28743
Please note that incomplete applications will not be accepted.
· Make sure you have signed and dated the application, thus acknowledging you are fully aware of the Art Exhibit Policy.
· Do not forget to include the one-page biography of yourself and your art.
· Do not forget to include the five (5) photographs of your work when you submit your application. Photos should be a minimum of 4x6 in size. These photos will be returned to you upon your request.
· On the back of each photo write your name, the title of the piece (if applicable) and its specific dimensions.
THE ART WORK
For the first six months of this new project, the Committee is looking for flat art which can be hung on a wall. It hopes to open up its exhibits to three dimensional art in the future.
The wall space available in the three Madison County Branch Libraries is limited and therefore the size of the art pieces exhibited has to be specified. Below are the measurements of the display panels in each library.
· Marshall: [59”H x 42”W], [62”H x 50”W], and [56’H x 70”W]
· Mars Hill: [40”H x 95”W] and [40”H x 204”W]
· Hot Springs: [66”H x 50”W]
Works of Art selected to be exhibited in the libraries may be offered for sale, with prices established by the artist. However, the library will not serve as sales agent. It will provide interested buyers with a list of prices and contact information.