...............Failure will never overtake me if my determination to succeed is strong enough. by O. Mandino
Dr. Umaprasana Ojha
Associate Professor and Head, Department of Chemistry
Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Petroleum Technology, Rae-Bareli
(Institute of National Importance)
Synthesis and Characterization of nano-structured materials and networks for the following applications
- Enhanced oil recovery
- Gas separation and storage
- Implantable medical device
- Photo voltaics
Important: Looking for motivated PhD students with valid GATE/NET score to work in DST sponsored projects, background knowledge in organic/polymer chemistry is desirable.
- 2014 March onward: Associate Professor, Chemistry, RGIPT, Raebareli
- 2010 July onward: Asst. Professor, Chemistry, RGIPT, Raebareli
- 2006-2010: Post doctoral associate, University of Massachusetts Lowell, USA
- 2010-11: Best Teacher Award (RGIPT, Raebareli)
- 2002: Adani award for best teaching assistantship (IIT Bombay).
- 2000: Qualified JRF, Joint entrance test (CSIR-UGC).
- 1999: Qualified graduate aptitude test in engineering, GATE. 91.6 percentile (149 rank)
- 1999: R. K. Nanda award for seminar presentation on “Metallomesogens” (Ravenshaw College).
Polyacryloyl Hydrazide: An Efficient,
Simple and Cost Effective Precursor to a Range of Functional Materials through
Hydrazide Based Click Reactions ACS Appl.
Mater. Interface, 2014, 6,
Semicrystalline Poly(ε-caprolactone) Networks: Exploiting Cross-linking with
Cinnamoyl Moieties to Design Polymers with Tunable Shape Memory. ACS Appl.
Mater. Interface, 2012, 4, 645-657.
- Cozzens, D.; Luk, A.; Ojha, U.; Ruths, M.; Faust, R. Surface Characterization and Protein Interactions of Segmented Polyisobutylene-Based Thermoplastic Polyurethanes, Langmuir, 2011, 27, 14160-14168.
- Tripathy, R.; Ojha, U.; Faust, R. Polyisobutylene modified bisphenol A diglycidylether based flexible and transparent epoxy resins possessing improved mechanical properties, Macromolecules, 2011, 44, 6800-6809.
- Tripathy, R.; Ojha, U.; Faust, R. “Syntheses and characterization of polyisobutylene based macromonomers with methacrylate, glycidyl-ether, acrylate or vinyl-ether end-functionality” Macromolecules 2009, 42, 3958-3964.
- Ojha, U.; Feng, D.; Chandekar, A.; Whitten, J. E.; Faust, R. “Peptide surface modification of p(hydroxyethyl methacrylate-co-methyl methacrylate)-b-isobutylene-b-p(hydroxyethyl methacrylate-co-methyl methacrylate) block copolymers” Langmuir 2009, 25, 6319-6327.
- Ojha, U., Rajkhowa, R.; Rao, S. A.; Faust, R. “A novel approach to synthesis of different end-functionalized polyisobutylenes using nucleophilic substitution reactions” Macromolecules 2008, 41, 3832-3841.
- Ojha, U., P.; Kumar, A. “Design, synthesis and characterization of main chain aromatic polyesters based on 3,4-ethylenedioxythiophene” J. Polym. Sci. Part A: Polym Chem. 2006, 44, 3479-3486.