Bernard (1882-Oct 23, 1955) married Alice Girard , and their three sons moved to America in 1908
They had 4 children:
- John (5/25/1904- Dec 18, 1966 )married Elizabeth Powderly (Nov 11, 1963) they had 2 children
Cathy (Married to Gene) has one son Michael who has 3 children (CaraJade, Gage & Torrey) https://www.facebook.com/cflakes1Claire (Married to Brandon) has three sons: Ryan and twins Josh & Jake
- John Daniel MacMenamin http://www.johnmacmenamin.com https://www.linkedin.com/in/johnmacmenamin https://www.facebook.com/JohnDMacMenamin
- Juli married Ian and has three children
- Amy married Chris http://www.pinterest.com/amy_macmenamin
- Heather Married Joseph https://www.facebook.com/heather.macmenamin Heather Marries Joseph https://vimeo.com/127381367
- Patrick (Padraic) (born Mar 11, 1905-Feb 16, 1989)- Married Lillian (Lil) M Hennessy (Dec 29, 1909 - Aug 28, 2003) had two sons:
- Gerard (9/9/1934)who had no children
- Patrick October 1, 1938 - July 6, 2016 (Age 77) Island Park, (Long Island) New York Funeral Mass Saturday 10:30 am St. Anthony's RC Church Lincoln Avenue Oceanside, NY 11572 Cremation Private
- Brian http://clubcarny.com https://www.facebook.com/brian.macmenamin.7
- Daniel (dod Nov 15, 2016 severe Heart Attach several years before - he was in a coma until he left for heaven)
- Christine (died July 30, 1998, automobile accident) http://www.cmmscholarship.com
- Brian - ( 1908 - April 29, 1928) died at the age of 20, he gave his coat to a beggar and caught double phenomena because it was a cold rain.
- Colm (Colm-Kil Born in America Feb 12, 1913 - Dec 23, 1995) - Married Margaret (Marge Emglert) (May 7, 1914 - Jun 10, 1988) and had 4 children:
Brian has one daughter Lindsey who married and has one daughter
Barbara( June 13, 1941-Oct 30, 2008)
Michael (Born 1953) Married Karen (Born 1953) had 2 sons
- Joe (has 1 son - Isaac)
- Timmy who has 2 sons (Tyler & Dylan)
Alice Gerard died, the four boys were taken by the orphanage, Bernard having lost everything, worked on a Ship for his passage to Ireland
Bernard Married Sarah Josephine Geddis (Nov 12, 1885 -May 6, 1958 lived 72 years) of Belfast Ireland. Bernard & Sarah moved to NewYork in 1920
Now the boys had a mother and were released from the Orphanage.
Sarah & Bernard had 4 more children:
Bernard, Sara and Joseph are buried
in St. Raymond Cemetery
- James (Oct 15, 1922 - May 15, 1990) Married Mary Branigan(1923-1985) on Nov 11, 1965
- They lived in Florida
- Tommy - VP/Director with Hollywood Rental Mart.
- Kathy (Katheryn A. MacMenamin) Won lottery for $45,000 in 2011
- Kathy had a son
- Grandchildren: Carl & Margaret Mary in FL
- Maureen - Mary Maureen (Born Aug 22, 1924 - Died 1930) at age 6
- Joseph (1924 - Jan 27, 1961) Married Gloria (Mar 21, 1928 - Nov 28, 2009) and they had 2 children:
- Joe (Has no children)
- Maureen who had 3 children
- Jessica (has 3 childrenBreanna, McKayla and Bradly)
- Colleen(has 1 child Saige)
- Bernadette (March 2, 1930 - Aug 24, 2007)- had 5 children:
- Donna & her husband Dave (has 2 children Maureen & Robby)
- Donna has 2 step-children (Joe & Tina)
- Joe & his wife Sara (has 1 son, Henry)
- Tina & her husband Chris (has 2 daughters, Olivia & Emily)
- Valerie (has 1 son Kevin) Kevin & his wife Ally (has 1 son Austin)
- Deirdre (has 1 son Christopher) Christopher & Sandra (has 2 sons Hunter & Mason)
- Thomas (has 1 daughter Amy Alysssa)
- Angel (has 2 daughters: Ruby ('95) and Lily (2000))
In September 1932, Sara takes her two youngest children: Joseph (5) & Bernadette(1) to Ireland.
Brian & Maureen had died and Sara needed to see her family.
Sara & the children had issues getting back to the United States, and was gone 1 1/2 years.
Bernard convinces Mr. Hennesy to turn over some assets so that Bernard does not look like he owns nothing.
He is able to get Sara, Joseph & Bernadette back to NewYork.