John Macilree's Home Page
The Mouth of Truth
Santa Maria in Cosmedin, Rome (2000)©
On this web site there are links to around 1050 other web sites. These are primarily focussed on civil aviation but also cover other personal interests. Recently added or updated links are annotated NEW and UPDATED respectively, while those links that require the use of the Internet Archive Wayback Machine are annotated with WBM.
Separately since 2006 I have been writing John Macilree's Weblog which now has over 500 postings. Until 2011 it was primarily aimed towards building a resource of useful web link on aeropolitics.
The following pages contain transport-related information and web links about:
- New Zealand Air Transport
- New Zealand's Air Services Agreements
- Global Air Transport
- Government Transport Departments and Agencies - air transport officials from around the world
- Air Transport Research
- International Airlines Serving New Zealand
- Flying in New Zealand
- Flying Overseas
- New Zealand Weather
- International Weather
- Maritime Transport
- Land Transport
The following pages contain information and web links that are primarily of personal interest:
- Flight Simulation
- Non-Fiction Reading
- Fiction Reading
- Reading Resources
- Museums, Zoos, Aquariums and Gardens
- Photographs of Bruges - Belgium
- Cats - remembering Bee Cee and Polo and Harry
- Dogs - meet Morgan and Brandy (remembering Bree)
- Entertainment - television, movies, radio and sports
- Food and Wine
You can also find out a little bit more about me on a page I have called Some Personal History.
The original John Macilree's Home Page is hosted by my ISP Vodafone. This alternative location, which contains a variant of my home page, is hosted by Google and was intended to be a backup site. However, this is the most up-to-date version. As well as giving me the ability to update my pages when away from home, Google gives me the opportunity to experiment with some new information architecture and add my digital photographs unhindered by the capacity limits that Vodaphone imposes.