Billy Cart Process

All About My Billy Cart Experience.


Machine Reports

Simple Machines


Speaker Information


Billy Cart

Billy Cart Process

Billy Kart Saya

My Final Report

My Reflection

A Closer Look

My Billy Cart Group is called 1:9 Cart. We got the name 1:9 because 1:9 was the scale for our blue prints. My teammates are Andrew, Brodie, Jennifer and I (Amanda). First we will make Andrew's, then Brodie's, after Brodie's is Jennifer's and last is mine. We will start making the Billy Carts on Thursday, 17th of January 2008. We will start from 10:00 am until 3:15 pm.


Billy Cart Day 1

On Thursday, January 17, 2008, we started making Andrew's Billy Cart. What surprised me was that when we started, the Billy Cart was already made, but the wheels were not put on yet. So, Brodie and Andrew did two wheels while Jennifer and I did the other two wheels. We also had to tighten them.

The wheels that we used were like the ones used in the grocery carts. Two wheels can only move forward and backward. The other two wheels could move freely. I thought that we would be able to saw the wood or at least see it being sawed. But, it wasn't as we expected. So, it only took us a short time to finish one. Even though we had a lot of time, the carpenters only prepared two Billy Carts. One for Andrew and one for Ristia, one of my classmates. First we tried it out in the classroom. The two back wheels which moved freely acted like a fish tail, but we still went outside to test it.

When we got outside, the carpenters tried them first to test if they were safe. They said that the back wheels were not really safe. So they tried to switch them around, but that did not help. They tried making them all straight, and finally it worked well.


The Day of making all of the Billy Carts

 So, on Thursday, 24th of January, 2008, we finished making all twenty Billy Carts. It was really tiring! We all got to see what our design looked like on the actual thing. We had to search for our  designs on the floor. There were so many designs!

On Friday, 25th of January, 2008, we painted our Billy Carts. It was so much fun! We used up all the lessons except Chapel, Mandarin, and Music just to finish painting our Billy Carts. First we painted the back, then the sides, next the top. When the top was dry, we started to paint the design. It was a fun but tiring day!