News‎ > ‎

1/21/20-Lyons Prepared Board Meeting

posted Jan 27, 2020, 12:10 PM by Sara Erickson   [ updated Jan 27, 2020, 12:11 PM ]

Lyons Prepared Minutes 1/21/20

Lyons Fire Station


Members present: Tosh Golias, Jenny McDade, Jocelyn Fankhouser, Sara Erickson,

Linda Brome, Ben Herr, Linda Vahrenkamp, Kristin Westhoff, Stephen Kane, Ken Feldman, Joe Lampe, Bryan Roberts, Gayle Gordon


I. Report on Larimer VOAD 

A. Tosh reported Larimer County VOAD (Volunteer Organization Aiding

Disasters). Boulder County also has a VOAD. VOADs consist of a number of

organizations that provide aid during disasters. Many are church affiliated.

Organizations such asRed Cross and Salvation Army are VOAD members. 

Advantage of VOADs in a disaster is that they are pre-vetted and meet credentialing

Standards. Most VOADS have quarterly meetings and have a distribution list.


II. Podcast-The Big One

A. Podcast touched on preparedness for any emergency. Items such as shoes and clothes near bed, paper map, keep phone charged, keep car gassed, print a list of phone contacts.


B. Kristen will put a link to the podcast on LP website.


III. Preparedness Fair

A.  9/19/20 is the best date for Chief Hoffman.


B. Could Fair be paired with another event to increase attendance?

C. Pillow project, fire extinguishers check/demo  and CPR demos were

                 Successful  last year-repeat this year.

D. Look into using simulated house used by Frederick FD


E. Involve a group like Greenwood Animal Rescue or Human Society  to increase

    Interest of children. Nationwide Insurance has a poster on pet preparedness.


F.  Preparedness subcommittee will meet at Gayle’s home at 6:30 p.m. on 

                 2/11/20.


IV. Scenario

A. Ben and Mimi are preparing the scenario this year. 


B. Tentative date is 1010/20


            C. Ben expects to have more information to share  in mid February to early March.


V. National Night Out

   A.  Set for 8/4/20  


  B. Tosh, Gayle and Ken will represent LP (and bring cupcakes)


VI. Topics for Future Meetings

A. Review of kits. Members should bring kits to next meeting.


B. Table top activity. John should reach out to Jocelyn for info

on possible activities.


C. Map/Compass training-Ben. Gayle will bring Boulder County maps


D. Overview of EOC-Jocelyn


VII.    Grant Applications

A. Gayle is looking at grants available for volunteer/rural fire departments.


B. Ken will look into grant from Ball Aerospace


C. Apply this year for LCF grant


      D. Apply for FEMA/Homeland Security grants


VII.    Other Topics

A. Spring bus tour of neighborhoods-Ken will take lead


B. Float for Holiday parade-Sara will take lead


Next Meeting: 3/17/20-6:30 p.m. at Fire Station


Respectfully submitted,


Sara Erickson

Secretary






Comments