L Y N G P A R I S H C O U N C I L
The Annual Parish Meeting
Minutes of the meeting held on Monday 9th May 2011 at 7.30pm in Lyng Village Hall.
1. Apologies; Mr. and Mrs. R Blackbrow.
2. Minutes of the last Annual Meeting. There were no minutes for a separate Annual Parish meeting and an Annual General meeting. The meeting held on the 14th June 2010 was a join meeting and the minutes of that meeting were agreed on 6th July 2010.
3. Chairman’s Report.
4. Financial Report for 2010/2011 The report was agreed.
5. Village Hall Report this was presented by Lynn Miller .Lynn to receive all information regarding Parish Council matters eg. Contact details, meeting dates and minutes.
The Village Hall no longer had a committee, the members have all resigned .Lyn had been in touch with the solicitor Kate James at Porter Dodson regarding the legal situation because the Village Hall is registered with the Charity Commission. The Parish Council are trustee of the Village Hall. Mr. Treasure thanked Lyn Miller on behalf of the residents of Lyng for all the hard work that the committee had done over the past years.
6. Church Report this was presented by Pat Mennin.
7. Public Discussion
(i) Animals in the cemetery are digging holes in the ground. This could be rabbits or foxes. Mr. Willis when mowing the grass will try and fill in the holes. This could be an ongoing situation that may need extra action. Could be a safety issues if someone should trip while attending the cemetery
(ii) PCSO Becky Riley informed the Council that there had been a couple of burglaries in the village. We have no police officer responsible for the village, only Becky. Her contact details to be put onto the Lyng website.
(iii) The question was asked can people park in the pub car park. The Chair explained that if they asked the Managers in the pub they do not mind providing they do not misuse the privilege.There was no further business so the meeting closed at 8.30pm.
There was no further business so the meeting closed at 8.30pm.