- Building Information Model
- Building Automation System & Intelligent Building
- Heterogeneous Information Sources Integration and Query
- Energy Efficiency of Building Automation Systems
- Computer-Aided Facilities Management
- Applying A Self-Managing Approach to Improve the Energy Performance in Operating and Maintaining HVAC Systems
- Liu, X., B. Akinci, Garrett, J. and Bergés, M. (2012). "Requirements for A Formal Approach to Represent Information Exchange Requirements of a Self-managing Framework for HVAC Systems " 14th International Conference on Computing in Civil and Building Engineering 2012, 27-29, June 2012, Moscow, Russia. (Accepted)
- Liu, X., B. Akinci, Garrett, J. and Bergés, M. (2012). "Exploration and Comparison of Approaches for Integrating Heterogeneous Information Sources to Support Performance Analysis of HVAC Systems" 2012 ASCE International Conference on Computing in Civil Engineering, 17-20, June 2012, Clearwater Beach, FL, USA. (Accepted)
- Liu, X., M. Eybpoosh, B. Akinci (2012). "Developing As-built Building Information Model Using Construction Process History Captured by a Laser Scanner and a Camera" Construction Research Congress 2012, 21-23, May 2012, West Lafayette, IN, USA.
- Akcamete, A., Liu, X., B. Akinci, and Garrett, J. (2011). "Integrating and Visualizing Maintenance and Repair Work Orders In BIM: Lessons Learned From A Prototype" CONVR 2011, International Conference On Construction Applications of Virtual Reality, 3-4, November 2011. Weimar, Germany.
- Liu, X., B. Akinci, Garrett, J. and Bergés, M. (2011). "Requirements and development of a computerized approach for analyzing functional relationships among HVAC components using Building Information Models" CIB W78-W102 2011: International Conference, 26-28, October 2011, Sophia Antipolis, France.
- Liu, X., Akinci, B., Garrett, J. and Bergés, M. "Requirements for an Integrated Framework of Self-managing HVAC Systems" 2011 ASCE International Workshop on Computing in Civil Engineering, June 20-22, 2011, Miami Beach, FL, U.S.
- Taneja, S., Akinci, B., Garrett, J. H., Soibelman, L., Ergen, E., Pradhan, A., Tang, P., Berges, M., Atasoy, G., Liu, X., Shahandashti, S. M., Anil, E. B. (2010) “Sensing and Field Data Capture for Construction and Facility Operations.” ASCE Journal of Construction Engineering and Management, Special Issue on Construction Engineering (in press)
- Liu, X., Akinci, B., Garrett, J., and Akin O. (2010) "Requirements for a computerized approach to plan sensor placement in the HVAC systems" International Conference on Computing in Civil and Building Engineering 2010, June 30 - July 2, Nottingham, U.K.
- Liu, X. and Akinci, B. (2009) "Requirements and Evaluation of Standards for Integration of Sensor Data with Building Information Models" 2009 ASCE International Workshop on Computing in Civil Engineering, June 24-27, 2009, Austin, TX, U.S.
Past Research & Project
- 08/2009—Now Applying A Self-Managing Approach to Improve the Energy Performance in Operating and Maintaining HVAC Systems, held by NIST, USA, and advised by Profssor Burcu Akinci, Prof. James H. Garrett, Jr and Prof. Mario Bergés
- 09/2007—05/2008 AIS project "Information and Decision Support System for Firefighter", held by Dept. of CEE at CMU and advised by Professor James Garrett and Lucio Soibelman.
- 09/2007—11/2007 Development of IFC related programs: IFC Parser, IFC Explorer and IFC Comparison, held by Dept. of CEE at CMU and advised by Professor Burcu Akinci.
- 12/2006—07/2007 Diploma project “Design and Development of 4D CAD-Based Fast Parameterized Modeling System”, held by the Disaster Prevention Research Institute in Tsinghua University and advised by Professor Jianping Zhang.
- Summer 2006 Served as an intern in the construction site of New Site Construction & Development Project of China Central Television company.
- 05/2005—06/2006 Participating in the development of “Analysis and Optimization System for Large-scale three Dimensions Structure” held by the Disaster Prevention Research Institute in Tsinghua University and advised by Professor Cong Dong.
- 06/2004—09/2004 Participated in the project of development of “Transportation Design and Planning System”, a key task of the “Tenth Five Year Plan of Chinese Science Ministry”. held by the Transportation Research Institute in Tsinghua University.