1. Dr. Bhimrao Ambedkar Memorial :
Constructed in 6.5 Acre of land (27,440 Sq.M.) the Memorial has 4 opening gates. Visitors enter the Memorial through a large gate in north side. The Memorial looks like a grand Stupa. Walls are made of pink marble. The central hall consists of attractive bronze Murals based on the life of Dr. Ambedkar. In the main hall of the Memorial, a large bronze statue of Dr. Ambedkar, seated in hair and facing the two domes, is the main attraction of the hall. At the bottom of the statue a message in Hindi language reads: मेरा जीवन संघर्ष ही मेरा संदेश है (My Struggle of life is My only message).
Silver colour ceiling of the Central hall looks very beautiful.
2. Dr. Bhimrao Ambedkar Samaik Parivartan Sangrahalay
Opposite to Dr. Bhimrao Ambedkar Memorial, you can view above Sangrahalay which is constructed in an area of about 2.5 acre (11,008 sq.m.) The building with two domes on its top, looks impressive and grand. You can see inside large statues of Mahatma Jyotiba Phule, Rajarshi Chhatrapati Shahuji Maharaj, Shri Narayan Guru, Dr. Bhimrao Ambedkar, Manyawar Shri Kanshiram Ji. Another building consists of 18' tall marble statues of Tathagat Gautam Buddha, Sant Kabir das, Sant Ravidas, Guru Ghasidas and Shri Birsa Munda.
3. Dr. Bhimrao Ambedkar Samajik Parivartan Gallery
Constructed in an area of 04 acre (16,207 sq.M.) this place has Murals made of bronze. A grand Stambh Dirgha on other side of the Gallery looks attractive.
4. Dr. Bhimrao Ambedkar Memorial Pratibimb Sthal
Can be approached after going through 62 Elephants Gallery.
5. Dr. Bhimrao Ambedkar Memorial Drashya Sthal
Constructed on a 80 feet tall pyramid type structure, on the back of Pratibimb Sthal, this place can be used to view the whole area. Flow of water from the top of pyramid, entertains the visitors.
Location: Gomti Nagar, Lucknow, few kilometers away from Hazratganj and well connected through Auto.
Parking : There is enough safe parking space just opposite to the main Gate. In addition, Cafeteria, Public toilets are available
Opening & Closing Time (Latest)
Winter (01 November to 28/29 February): 11.00 am to 08.00 pm
Summer (01 March to 31 October) : 11.00 am to 09.00 pm
Care : Monday: Closed
Entry Tickets: Rs. 10/- only. ( Free entry on 14th April and 6 December)
Free entry for children upto 5 years, PH, BPL and the persons showing Cards issued under Mahamaya Yojna
Important Information :
1. Please deposit your belongings in the Cloak Room and get a Token.
2. No food items are allowed inside the memorial.
3. Please note each and every activities are watched by CCTV.
4. Please use the Dustbins, if needed.
5. Please do not touch Statues, etc.
6. Arms are not allowed.
7. Paan, Gutkha, Cigarette, Biri, Match box, lighter, are not allowed inside the complex. A fine of Rs.500/- may be charged.
8. Washrooms and Cool Drinking water is available near the main gate
8. In case of any suggestion/complain, please write in Visitors Book which is available in the Welcome Cabin.
Other attractions outside the memorial
ii. Samtamulak Chowk,
iii. Samajik Parivartan Prateek Sthal
iv. Dr. Bhimrao Ambedkar Gomti Vihar - You can enjoy a Musical Fountain here.
v. Dr. Bhimrao Ambedkar Samajik Parivartan Sthal Welcome Gate
vi. Restaurants, Cafeteria, and a number of food shops near the Memorial, on the bank of river Gomti
This Memorial is now open and you can view this new attraction of Lucknow. A number of people from the city, country and world are coming to view this excellent place. It is probably the world's first of its kind which is dedicated to Dalit leaders. This Memorial looks beautiful at night when the whole Campus is illuminated with beautiful lighting. You may like to view the Images, photos of the Sthal and of the surrounding areas :
Images and Photos :
|: Images Photos|
|Night view:||Latest Photo|