If you completes 18 years of age as on 1st January 2014, you can apply and get a Voter ID and enlist your name in the Voter List.
1. How to apply online for Voter ID Card in Lucknow from the comforts of your home:
(You should have internet connectivity)Step by Step method to apply for online Voter ID Card is as under :
1. Open the site www.ceouttarpradesh.nic.in or www.eci.gov.in on you Computer/laptop.
2. Now click on " Online Registration System" link in horizontal navigation area of the site.
3. Select applicable form (for example select Form 6 for new Voters, Form 6(A) is for Indian nationals living abroad. (Select Form)
4. Before filling up Form you will be required to enter your Mobile Number. Thereafter you will get SMS Verifiction Code on your phone
5. Insert that code and Press proceed button.
6. On Page 1 of the Online form, select your state, district and Vidhan Sabha and insert name,sex,place of birth, village/locality etc. and thereafter click on SAVE button. You will get SMS of User ID/password on computer screen/mobile. Press Continue button now.
7. On page 2, upload your photo and add other information required therein. Do not forget to SAVE.
8. On page 3, upload date of birth, marksheet/certificate, address information, save it and press Continue after Confirm message
9. On page 4, fill in name of other family members, click on Submit button and take a Print out. Keep this with you for being verified by BLO if required.
Follow the instructions that come up on the screen carefully to complete your registration.
During the process your may be required to :
Upload scanned copy of your Photo and Birth certificate, Residential ID certificate
Take a print of application and send a copy duly signed by you to the District Election Office through Post. This may also be given to the Booth Lable Officer or Voter Registration Centre in your Tehsil.
It is necessary to send a signed copy.
Please note Mobile number is a must for Online Registration
Ensure to provide email so that Acknowledgement may be sent to you.
Keep a copy of the Print Out with you and show your Certificates during the visit/verification by BLO
For any help please call Toll Free Number 1800 180 1950.
If you do not have internet connectivity or do not like to do yourself, you may take help of 32 Online Registration Centres opened at various places in the city.
Who can apply for Voter Card:
a. Indian citizens living in the concerned election area (Nirvachan Kshetra) who complete 18 years of age on 1st January 2014