Keep ready with you following :
- Acknowledgement Number or Aadhaar Number
- Name as printed on Acknowledgement slip (Enter the exact name as it appears on the enrolment slip)
- Pin code as entered in Acknowledgement Slip
- Your Mobile phone in working condition
- Printer ready, preferably coloured.
- You need 'Adobe Reader' to view e-Aadhaar. If you have not so far installed 'Adobe Reader' click here to download Adobe Reader
Care : First know the Status of your Aadhaar :
You can download e-Aadhaar only if your Aadhaar has been generated. Before you go for download, first you should know -whether your Aadhaar is generated or not. To ensure, please click here to know status of your Aadhaar
Now click here: https://eaadhaar.uidai.gov.in/
Step by Step direction to get your Aadhar Card:
- Enter Acknowledgement Number or Aadhaar Number
- Enter full name, pin code, captcha image text and Mobile Number
- Click on "Get One Time Password'
- You may get a pop up window asking you to confirm if you have Registered Mobile with you. Just Confirm.
- You will get (OTP) One Time Password as SMS in your mobile (please wait for it).
- If you do not get SMS, just repeat the same steps after Reset.
- After you get OTP, enter it in box provided.
- Now click on Validate & download.
- Use your postal code as password to open the E-Aadhaar pdf file.
- And your Aadhaar Card is before you - ready to take print.
*You can also use this facility, if you have misplaced your Aadhar Card but you know Aadhaar number.
AFTER DOWNLOAD: Do you see message 'validity unknown'
See carefully Aadhaar Card downloaded by you and if you find Message icon 'validity unknown' on your e-Aadhaar, then follow instructions as under. For this purpose, your PC/laptop should be connected to internet while validating digital signature. Step by step information :
- Right click on the 'validity unknown' icon and click on 'Validate Signature'.
- You will get the signature validation status window, click on 'Signature Properties'.
- Click on 'Show Certificate..'
- Verify that there is a certification path named 'NIC sab-CA for NIC 2011, National Informatics Center'. This identifies 'NIC sab-CA for NIC 2011, National Informatics Center' as the owner of the digital certificate that has been used when signing the document.
- Mark the certification path named 'NIC sab-CA for NIC 2011, National Informatics Center', click the 'Trust' tab and then 'Add to Trusted Identities'.
- Answer 'OK' to any security question that follows.
- Check(✓) the field for 'Use this certificate as a trusted root' and click 'OK' twice to close this and the next window.
- Click 'Validate Signature' to execute the validation.
Importance and Benefits of Aadhaar:
Aadhaar is useful for all keeping in view the centralised technology infrastructure of the UIDA which will enable 'anytime anywhere and anyhow authentication'. In addition, it will empower particularly poor and underprivileged residents to access services such as formal banking system and avail various other services provided by government and private sector. The Aadhaar Card will be most helpful in getting employment, opening a bank account, getting Ration, Health Services, Admission in Schools and getting Mobile Phone connection.
How to enrol for Aadhaar : In India many authorised Aadhaar Enrolment Centres have been set up where one can go with Identity and address proof to enroll for Aadhaar Card. In some state of India, Aadhaar can be applied online. Please check Aadhar website.
Photo ID cards like PAN Card and Government ID card are permissible for identity proof while address proof documents may be water, electricity, telephone bills from the last 3 months. Please see below for such a list.
Common proofs of identity and address are election photo ID card, Ration Card, Passport and Driving Licence.
Please note if you or someone in your family does not have valid documents, you can still enroll. If the head of the household has relevant documents, he/she can first enroll and then introduce others in the family.
While filling Aadhaar Form you must correctly fill in your Name, Date of Birth, Gender, and address. You can even see and verify these details during enrollment.
How to enrol for Aadhaar :
Online Booking of Appointment for Aadhaar Enrollments has been started on a trial basis at selected Enrollment Centers Please check for your city: More information
Please use the following link to check the current Enrollment Center details in Lucknow or other cities in India:
Locate Lucknow Office and contacts
Enrolment Centre Search
For enrolment you may be required to :
1. Visit Enrollment Centre along with a 'Photo ID' proof, an 'Address Proof' and photo copy of each document . ( for more such proofs-please see below) - Please do not forget to carry a pen):
2. Take an Enrollment Form and fill your personal details in the form.
3. Here your Photo will be taken, finger prints and eyes scan will be taken as a part of enrollment.
4. You can review on the computer screen the details provided and ask for correction, if any, during the enrollment.
5. Your signature will be taken.
6. You will then get an acknowledgement slip. Keep it safely with you so as to get the status of your Card.
On the basis of your information provided and verification of details given in the application, an Aadhaar number will be generated and mailed to your address.
Aadhaar Toll Free Helpline: New: 1800 300 1947
Write email: email@example.com. Visit for more information : Aadhaar Card
In Lucknow you can get information :
Phone : 0522-2304978, 79
UIDAI Regional Office
3rd Floor, Uttar Pradesh Samaj Kalyan Nirman Nigam Building, TC-46/ V,
Vibhuti Khand, Gomti Nagar, Lucknow- 226 010.
It takes normally 60-90 days of enrolment to reach at the address provided by you during enrolment. . The top of your acknowledgement slip contains 14 digit enrolment number and the 14 digit date and time of enrollment. These 28 digits together form your temporary enrolment ID (EID). Enter the 14 digit enrollment number and the enrollment date and time in the boxes provided link in below Check Your Aadhaar Status : Click Here..
Acceptable Photo ID documents:
2. PAN Card
3. Ration Card
4. Voter Card
5. Driving Licence
6. ID Card issued by Government (with Photo)
7. MG Employment Card (MANREGA)
8. Photo ID Card issued by a Recognised Educational Institute
9. Arm Licence
10. Bank ATM Card (with Photo)
11. Pension Card ( with photo)
12. Freedom Fighters Card
14. Certificate issued by Post and Telegraph department (with Photo and Name)
15. Identity Proof with Photo issued by a Gazetted Officer on Letter Pad
Acceptable Residential Proof
2. Bank Statement/Passbook
4. Post office Account Statement/Passbook
6. Voter ID Card
7.Photo ID Card issued by Government
8. Electricity Bill (not 3 months old)
9. Water Bill (Not 3 months old)
10. Telephone Landline Bill (Not 3 months old)
11. Credit Card Statement
12. Insurance Policy
13. Arm Licence
14. Registration Certificate of your Vehicle
15. Registered Sale/Lease/Rent Deed/Agreement
You may also like to visit:
Verify your Aadhaar Card application status
Check your AADHAAR Status
Download Aadhaar Enrolment FORM
Disclaimer Please note the information provided in this site or sub-sites is for personal use only and may not be correct or accurate. The information contained in this page or subpages site is for information purposes only, and may not apply to your situation. The author or publisher provide no warranty about the content or accuracy of content enclosed. Keep this in mind when reviewing this guide.