- A chamber for holding a supply of cartridges to be fed automatically to the
breech of a gun
- a periodic publication containing pictures and stories and articles of
interest to those who purchase it or subscribe to it; "it takes several years
before a magazine starts to break even or make money"
- A regular television or radio program comprising a variety of topical news
or entertainment items
- A periodical publication containing articles and illustrations, typically
covering a particular subject or area of interest
- product consisting of a paperback periodic publication as a physical object;
"tripped over a pile of magazines"
- a business firm that publishes magazines; "he works for a
- (girl) a young woman; "a young lady of 18"
- A female child
- A person's daughter, esp. a young one
- (girl) female child: a youthful female person; "the baby was a girl"; "the
girls were just learning to ride a tricycle"
- (girl) daughter: a female human offspring; "her daughter cared for her in
her old age"
- A young or relatively young woman
- In computing, ls is a command to list files in Unix and Unix-like operating
systems. ls is specified by POSIX and the Single UNIX Specification.
- Longitude is the angular distance of a point's meridian from the Prime
(Greenwich) Meridian. It is usually expressed in degrees, minutes, and seconds.
- .ls is the Internet country code top-level domain (ccTLD) for
magazine - Motherless Daughters:
Motherless Daughters: The Legacy of Loss, Second Edition
An instant bestseller in both hardcover and
paperback, Hope Edelman's Motherless Daughters explores the myriad ways that
losing a mother can affect almost every aspect and passage of a woman's life.
First published a decade ago, it is still the book that motherless daughters of
all ages look to for understanding and comfort and that they press into each
other's hands. Building on interviews with hundreds of mother- loss survivors,
this life-affirming book is now newly expanded to reflect the author's personal
experience with the continued legacy of mother loss; now married and a mother of
young children herself, Edelman better understands how the effects of mother
loss change over time and in light of new relationships. A work of stunning
courage and honesty, Motherless Daughters is a must read for the millions of
women whose mothers have gone, but whose need for healing, mourning, and
mothering remains. It is a timeless classic.
Edelman shares her own
painful story and the stories of many other women who, as children or adults,
lost their mothers. She explains the stages of grief and adjustment. She
considers the secondary effects that can occur: the girl-child filling the lost
mother's role at home for father and younger siblings. If you've lost your
mother, you no longer have to face it alone.
Back Page Beauty of
May 1957 Cabaret Magazine
This is the back page of my copy of the May
1957 edition of “Cabaret" magazine. The back is identical to the front cover
except that the front has the name of the magazine across the top and the
featured articles printed on the left. Any gentleman could discreetly pick up a
copy of this magazine from behind the counter for a mere 50 cents. This magazine
actually had some merit because it featured interviews with leading entertainers
of the day such as Rosemary Clooney and Jerry Lewis; however, most gentlemen
would probably have picked it up for the host of scantily clad beauties inside.
The cover girl was a stripper named Dolores Del Ray. It was said that she hailed
from Mexico; however, it is uncertain exactly where she was from. She was most
active in her adult entertainment career from the mid 1950's until the early
1960's. During that time, she appeared in a number of men's entertainment
magazines, such as this one. After the early 1960's, Dolores faded away into
obscurity...there isn't any information on her whereabouts after that. I enjoy
making finds like this but probably spend too much money doing so...
Magazine article layout design
Magazine article layout design.