LSB Friends of the SCPL
Next meeting will be June 15, 2015.
AGENDA - LSB Friends of the SCPL - 6/15/15
A. Review and approval of 5/18/15 Minutes
B. Financial Report: Lesli
C. Summer Reading:
Recap of Sandcastles on 6/13
Tues 6/16 3p Jungle James, reptiles from around the world
Tues 6/23 3p Perry Yan, magician
Tues 7/7 3p Magical Moonshine Theater, puppets
Wed 6/24 2pm Village Rhythms, African drums
Thurs 7/23 3p Circus of Smiles, juggling & acrobatics
D. Sat. July 18th, Summer LSB Book Fair
Update on food:
Update on music:
Update on vendors
Update on non-book sale manager
Still needs to be done: LSBRD Board meeting to request sponsorship
E. Oral History Project Report
F. LSB History Booklet Report
G. Still Pending: Tablets for library -- on Cindy's list
Laurie King Event -- agent contacted again for fall date
H. Save the dates:
September 19th, 2015 Hoops 2 Help, fundraiser
November 21, 2015, November book sale (Boardroom 7/19 and 7/20)
Minutes of May 18, 2015: LSB Friends of the Library
1. Members Present: Deborah Jacobson, Edie Abendshan, Marcia Poms, Janet Cole, Lynette Clark, Lesli Min, Jean Schaaf, Virginia Taylor, Margie Bowles, Cindy Jackson, Marilyn Noto, Ellie Van Houten, Marilyn Noto.
2. Minutes of the Last Meeting: Marilyn moved and Virginia Taylor seconded that minutes of the last meeting be approved. Motion passed.
3. Financial Report: Treasurer Lesli Min reported a donation of $35.00, sale of one LSB history book and on-line book sales of $2.81. Total funds as of April 30, 2015 were $37,668 with $31,944 potentential funds available.
4. Summer Reading Program: Six programs were highlighted for LSB.
5. LSB History Book: Jean sold seven books.
6. Browsing Collection: The Friends provided 18 new books and 5 movies.
7. Joint Powers Board Meeting: Cindy reported on the last meeting
8. Next Meeting: June 15th, Boardroom of the Clubhouse
Ellie Van Houten, Secretary