LSB Friends - Agenda January 18, 2016 - 3:00 PM
A. Review and approval of November 16, 2015 Minutes.
B. Financial Report: Lesli - Consideration of additional funds for Browsing Collection books and movies
C. Recent and on-going Projects
1. Any suggestions about improvements to Dec Open House? -do we think e-vites are opened and invitees just don't RSVP? Go to spam folder? (E-vites much less expensive than paper invites + postage)
2. Noll and Tam -- Berkeley architects -- recent emails
3. Email contact with Teall Messer, conversation last week, agreed to meet on or before 2/15/16
4. Mission Statement - question from Dottie in November. Unable to find, but can consider as draft: The mission of the LSB Chapter of the Friends of the SC PL is to support the LSB Branch as a vital community center for our neighborhood. By underwriting programs for both children and adults, providing books and movies for the LSB Browsing Collection, supporting library staff and patrons by purchasing equipment and furniture, and by sponsoring lectures and workshops we support SCPL's goals of lifelong learning and reading, viewing and listening for pleasure. The Friends will also be an advocate for the branch in whatever forums might be necessary.5. July Book Sale? What's up with that? What date? -- recent info
6. New governing board of library - 1st meeting on 1/14
7. June 2016 Parcel Tax Campaign - final filing on 3/11, $59.+/ 30 years, along with Cabrillo and Live Oak bonds
D. Projects to put on Calendar? What else?
1. Possible Spring event re: sustainability?2. Edie-- Join Pajaro Valley Chamber?
F. Save the dates:
Tues, 1/19, Movie discussion, 1pm
Friday, 1/22, Coco Chanel and Igor
Stravinsky, 11am, free movie at library!
3/19 author presentation @ SV -- check out to repeat here?