Our greatest contributor is Deluxe Foods. Deluxe donates 5% of the purchase to our library chapter if at check out patron mentions that they are a "Friend of the La Selva Beach Library".
- Used Book Sales We have two book sales annually. Donate books by turning them into the LSB Library any time the Library is open. Buy lightly used books at the book sales. Book sales are scheduled for July 18th and November 21, 2015.
- Book Cart Check out the books in the cart at El Patio, donate $00.25 by giving quarter to the cashier for the book. The other cart you will find in the Library near the west entrance. There is a cash box next to the books. Just drop your quarter in the box.
- "Hoops for a Cause" Basket ball Tournament This event is fun for all. September 19th, 2015 will be our next Tournament. Get involved!
Some of the ways that the Friends use their funds
- The Friends supplemented the 2013 Summer Reading Program offerings that the library had scheduled for us by paying for additional events. We plan to do that again this year. We are supporting the very popular "LEGO Simple Machines Studio" weekly event by our purchase of additional LEGOs for the children's use.
- We continue to buy books for the Browsing Bookshelf. Check it out! Every month we purchase newly released fiction and nonfiction bestsellers. Currently we have about 200 books and 80 DVDs in the collection and an average of 80 books are checked out at any given time.
- We replaced three very heavy wood tables with three new tables, with wheels and flip tops for easy moving, and electrical receptacles for laptops and other devices. We also purchased 20 very comfortable chairs with wheels to replace heavy chairs. Many times during the week staff has to move tables and chairs for different programs so the the new furniture makes re-arrangements so much easier. We also purchased a mobile display cart to display seasonal or special collections.
- Annually we buy magazine subscriptions for children and adults.
- We purchased a bar code duplicating machine to add the additional bar code required for the self check machines installed at all branches. The machine was utilized at our branch and then given to the library system for use at other branches.
- We have donated $1000 to the Friends Technology Fund to illustrate our commitment to the library system as well as our particular branch.