1014 Colorado St. | map |
Glendale, CA 91205
Opened: 1925 as Bard's Theatre. It's still in the city directory as late as 1930 as Bard's.
It was later operated by Fox West Coast as the Glen Theatre. It is listed as the Glen in the 1940 and1951 city directories.
Lou Bard also built what is now the Academy 6 in Pasadena. The Bard circuit operated a number of other theatres including three downtown theatres: the Town Theatre, the College Theatre and the Olympic. Bard's was the circuit that also built the Vista Theatre on Sunset Dr. in the Los Feliz area.
Architect: Kenneth A. Gordon
Status: Closed as a theatre in the 50s and was converted into a bowling alley. It's now a banquet hall and wedding venue, Palladio -- (877) 255-2340.More information: See the Cinema Treasures page on the Glen Theatre for lots of history contributed by Joe Vogel and others.
There are no known vintage interior photos.
about photos from other
websites that appear on this page...
We've tried to give appropriate credit. Please
contact us if there are incorrect attributions, links that
no longer work or other issues. A link near each image will
direct you to a full size version on the website hosting it.
Assume that all the images are subject to copyright
restrictions. Contact the webmaster of the site in
question concerning reproduction or other use.
A 2010 view of the Bard's Glen building
from Google Maps.
Click to enlarge or see an
interactive view on Google.
full size view
A great view of the stage and organ grille area
from this fine photographer.
A closer look at the stage area.
full size view