- 11/07/2019: Deep learning paper accepted in GJI (EarthArXiv preprint, Codes)
- 07/05/2019: Deep learning paper submitted to GJI (EarthArXiv preprint, Codes)
- 11/09/2018: Codes to compute response spectra in Matlab added: Github link
- 10/01/2018: Matlab codes to compute the linear and non-linear response of KiK-net boreholes: Github link
- 09/23/2018: I moved to Kyoto University as a JSPS Postdoc.
My name is Loïc Viens.
I'm a JSPS postdoctoral fellow at DPRI, Kyoto University working with Professor Tomotaka Iwata. After earning my PhD at the University of Tokyo in Sept. 2016, I was a postdoctoral fellow at Harvard University for two years. I am also a former student of the Institut de Physique du Globe (IPGP), in Paris.
My research focuses on simulating ground motions generated by earthquakes, monitoring and understanding the processes occurring in the Earth's shallow subsurface, and improving passive seismology studies using deep learning.