Found in 1943
from the Iron Age
Spanning from 800 BC - 43 AD
Llyn Cerrig Bach is situated on Anglesey in North Wales, on the perimeter of RAF Aerodrome, Valley (Ord Survey SH 306 765). Take the A55 road towards Holyhead, turning left at the signposted junction for RAF Valley. Follow through the residential married quarters of the RAF, over the little railway bridge, turning into a car park immediately on the right (located left of the railway bridge is the Guard Room of the Camp).
On leaving the car park, walk along the road until you come to a plaque on the roadside erected in 1972 to commemorate the discovery.
The majority of the items are iron and bronze weapons - chariot fittings, harness fittings, swords, spears, daggers and parts of shields - the whole collection reflecting a very militaristic proud celtic society.
Many of these objects, particularly the swords, are characteristic of numerous examples found and known to be produced in the South of England, giving us evidence of trade.