X10 - A Scala Based Language
Speaker: Richard Gomes
1. some strategic information about it, why it is worthy to spend time on it and what can be achieved.
2. quick overview of the language, which being based on Scala, so we don't need to spend much time on it :-).
3. multithreading made easy, as it should always be.
4. distributed computing
5. GPU programming with CUDA, which is directly supported by the language.
6. Use case and benchmarks: Performance gains reimplementing in X10 the statistical package borrowed from JQuantLib.