* Living Lively Event Announcement *
· Come and Join us for a Living Lively Special Celebration
· When: Friday December 10th 2010
· Where: @ Ruby Tuesday’s in Warrenton VA
· We will fellowship, buy ourselves a meal & celebrate ALL of our accomplishments in 2010
· All ladies are welcome!!!
· Click the Living Lively End of the Year Celebration link or see below for further details
· Just in time for the Holidays!
· Give Living Lively Gift Cards
· Then redeem them at Workout Classes, Personal Training Sessions, or other Living Lively sponsored event
· They make great Stocking Stuffers!
· Track your Weekly Exercise activity level & your Weekly Meals
· See the Weekly Fitness Log, below
We continue to hold:
· Monthly Empowerment Sessions
· Living Lively is on the MOVE! Click the Class Times and Locations link for more information
More Living Lively Events & Programs COMING SOON!!!
Events and Programs
Submitted by: Ferneil White
Heat about a table spoon of olive oil in a saute pan on low.
Slice your favorite mushrooms ( my favorites are Shitake or Portabella)
Finely chop 1 or 2 garlic cloves
Peel and chop potatoes
Lightly brown garlic in the oil. Then add potatoes, onions, peppers,
Add about a teaspoon of curry to mixture( optional).
Add salt and pepper to taste
Let the mixture sautee about another 20 minutes
Serve either over brown rice or add a little water and eat as a stew.
This dish is very satisfying and tasty.
The mushrooms are a good substitute for meat.
Easy Salmon and Gingery Cabbage
Submitted by: Kathy Olmert
1 tablespoon(s) olive oil
1 small onion, thinly sliced
4 piece(s) (6 ounces each) salmon fillet, skin (removed)
1/2 teaspoon(s) curry powder
2 tablespoon(s) Dijon mustard with seeds
2 teaspoon(s) grated peeled fresh ginger
1/2 teaspoon(s) ground cumin
1 bag(s) (16-ounce) shredded cabbage for coleslaw
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In 12-inch nonstick skillet, heat olive oil on medium 1 minute. Add onion; cover and cook 8 to 10 minutes or until onion is tender and golden brown, stirring occasionally.
Meanwhile, grease 13" by 9" glass baking dish. With tweezers, remove any bones from salmon pieces. Place salmon, rounded sides up, in baking dish. In cup, stir together curry powder, Dijon mustard, and 2 teaspoons water; use to brush evenly over salmon.
Bake Salmon, without turning over, 15 minutes or just until opaque throughout.
While salmon is baking, add ginger and cumin to onion in skillet, and cook 1 minute, stirring. Add cabbage and 1/4 teaspoon salt; cover and cook 11 to 13 minutes or until cabbage is just tender and starts to brown, stirring occasionally.
To serve, spoon cabbage mixture onto 4 dinner plates; top with salmon.
Thanks for participating in the; Living Lively, Eating Healthy & Spending Wisely Recipe Contest
Living Lively Presents
Living Lively … Eating Healthy & Spending Wisely
Living Lively Presents our first
Living Lively, Eating Healthy & Spending Wisely, Recipe Contest
Submit your favorite Healthy Eating Recipes during the Month of April
We can help others learn how to Live Lively on an acceptable Budget
* GRAND PRIZE *
The BEST RECIPE submission will receive a $50 AMEX Gift Card
Living Lively, Eating Healthy & Spending Wisely
Official Contest Rules
1. All entries will become the property of Living Lively. Entries will not be returned.
2. Living Lively cannot be responsible for misdirected mail or non-delivered entries
3. The complete recipe must be submitted as well as the receipt of each item purchased in order to verify cost of each ingredient.
4. Living Lively reserves the right and permission upon submission of entry to; edit, modify, publish and otherwise use the recipe in any way without compensation rendered from Living Lively to contest participant.
6. Recipes will be judged on the basis of adherence to theme (Living Lively, Eating Healthy & Spending Wisely): taste, health content, ease of preparation and economical value.
7. Winning recipe will be selected by Erva Lively.
8. Once all recipes are reviewed, 5 finalists will be selected.
a. Those recipes will be independently prepared by our Living Lively Chef and judged at the Monthly Empowerment Session.
9. The Empowerment Session will be held on Friday May 7th 2010 at the Marshall Community Center in Marshall Virginia.
10. The winner does not need to be present in order to win.
11. Recipe must be in the Dinner/ Entrée category; however the submission may be in the form of a Vegetable or Meat Dish.
12. Each entry recipe must include 4 of the 7 “Super Spices”
Note: Spices and herbs are extremely rich in antioxidants – some with levels comparable to many vegetables and fruits. For example cinnamon ranks right up there with blueberries as an antioxidant.
d. Red Pepper
g. Yellow Curry
13. The Living Lively, Eating Healthy, & Spending Wisely Contest, will begin on Wednesday April 1, 2010 at 12:00 a.m. EST. The contest will end on Friday April 30, 2010 at 11:59 p.m. EST.
14. No late entries will be accepted.
15. One entry per person.
16. Entrants are encouraged to use personally created recipes. Recipes found in a book or on the internet are a part of someone else’s personal journey toward learning to Live Lively, Eat Healthy and Spend Wisely. We encourage all participants to use their personal creative abilities and allow themselves to be led to submit an originally created recipe which reflects your personal journey toward Balance and Moderation.
· Just in time for the Holidays!
· Give Living Lively Gift Cards, then redeem them at Workout Classes, Personal Training Sessions, or other Living Lively sponsored events
· They make great Stocking Stuffers!
· Click the flyer or the link for more details
Due to the Thanksgiving Holiday on Thursday, November 26, we will reschedule the Living Lively Fitness Session for Friday November 27 at 8am at Faith Christian Church, Family Life Center.
For the ladies that have not taken advantage of these sessions this is a perfect time to come and audit a class.
We are asking all ladies to please bring unopened non-perishable food or personal care items which will be donated to Living Faith Church and Outreach Ministries Food Pantry in Winchester, VA.
For more information, contact Erva Lively (540) 974-4410.
Remember this is a time to reunite with good friends and family, to share laughter and cheer, to celebrate and to give thanks. Enjoy the holiday pleasures, in addition to the tastes of holiday foods. The important thing to remember is balance, moderation and portion control in exercise and eating.
Living Lively will host an introductory fitness class at;
Where: Living Faith Church & Outreach Ministries, Winchester VA
When: Friday November 20th 2009, beginning at 7 pm
See flyer above or click link below for more details!
Keep track of your Weekly Exercise activity level as well as your Weekly Meals.
Download and save this Weekly Fitness Log.
See attached Excel Spreadsheet below, or copy and paste the link to a new window.
It was created by a Living Lively class member.
Please click the link below or the flyer above, to see the full version of the Living Lively Fitness Walk, flyer: