Edit a Section in your Portfolio
- Click on Edit to Begin
- If you have not edited it previously, you'll see another message saying No text or image added. You will see the message:
"To add text and images: click here."
Insert a File Attachment
- Documents, PDFs, spreadsheets, and PowerPoint presentations can be uploaded to your portfolio either directly from your computer or from the file manager.
- To upload from your computer, select Browse you computer to upload and locate your file.
- All file and image attachments will be stored in the File Manager.
- You can also add your attachments directly from the File Manager.
- If you have already uploaded a file as a signature assignment in one of your courses, that file will be listed in the file manager.
- Recommended: Upload files to the file manager throughout your program, even if they aren't signature assignments. It's a great place to store your work!
Insert an Image
- You can also choose to upload an image from your computer or from your file manager.
- You will want to re-size your images for the web. Try to stay under 500 pixels for web viewing. Save as .gif or .jpg files. See photo editors. Picasa is free, but also look to see what's included on your own computer. Windows computers generally have "Paint" under the accessories section.
- At the bottom of the page, below your textbox, you will see options of inserted file or inserted image. Click on "Edit."
Browse Your Computer to Upload Files and Images
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and select either "Inserted File" or "Inserted Image"
- Click on "Edit" to Search for the file or image you want to upload.
- For Files - Locate the file (document, Adobe Acrobat pdf, PowerPoint, etc.) on your own Computer or usb drive.
- For Images - Locate the graphic file you want to upload if you select image. (gif, jpeg (jpg), ping (png)
- For Windows, select Documents. It's a good idea to create a file folder with all of your course files and images so you can always find them!
- You may wish to save Images in your Pictures folder.
- Click on the Appropriate Folder and Locate the File or Image you want to upload.
Uploading from the File Manager
- You can upload the image or the file attachment from the file manager or from your own computer.
- Upload New File uploads from your computer.
- Or scroll down to file manager and select file from list.
- Click on "Select" to upload file from your file manager
Inserting Text, Artifacts, Images, and Web Links Directly into Text Box
You can also upload artifacts, link to resources, and write your reflections for each standard within the text box. If you are uploading academic APA papers, you will want to upload the document file in order to not lose the proper formatting for references, etc. You may wish to type brief introductory statements or use a bulleted list tooutline what you have included in your artifact file attachments rather than copy/pasting full text of a document. Although the reflection section is first, you will want to wait and add your reflection after you've collected your artifacts as evidence of your proficiency with each standard. You can attach images and files (documents, presentations, spreadsheets, videos, etc.) to the text box.
- You will type, insert images, attach files, add weblinks, etc. in the section edit text box.
- You have the typical editing options: fonts, font sizes, font style, colors, alignment, numbered or bulleted lists, etc.
- You can type directly into the text box or you can copy/paste from Word.
- Remember that you can only copy/paste text. Images will need to be inserted or attached.
- Choose font style and size.
Adding Web Links to your Section
- Click to add the URL of your link directly into the section of the page. You can also add web links through the sections called "Resources." Note that you can add tables, horizontal links, smiley faces, special characters, and items from the file manager.