Once your pages have been created and you have added different sections to each page, you are ready to upload artifacts, link to resources, and write your reflections for each standard. Although the reflection section is first, you will want to wait and add your reflection after you've collected your artifacts as evidence of your proficiency with each standard. You can attach images and files (documents, presentations, spreadsheets, videos, etc.). You also can insert images directly into the text box.
- You will type, insert images, attach files, add weblinks, etc. in the section edit text box.
- You have the typical editing options: fonts, font sizes, font style, colors, alignment, numbered or bulleted lists, etc.
- You can type directly into the text box or you can copy/paste from Word.
- Remember that you can only copy/paste text. Images will need to be inserted or attached.
- Choose font style and size.
Insert an Image
- You will want to re-size your images for the web. Try to stay under 500 pixels for web viewing. Save as .gif or .jpg files. See photo editors. Picnik and Picasa are free!
Insert a File Attachment
- Once again, watch out for file size. Documents, spreadsheets, and smaller PowerPoint presentations should be fine. However, high resolution images, video, audio, etc. can be very large. They may load, but it may take awhile. You will need to compress videos before trying to send them.
- All file and image attachments will be stored in the File Manager. You can also add your attachments directly from the File Manager.
Uploading from the File Manager
- You can upload the image or the file attachment from the file manager or from your own computer.
- Upload New File uploads from your computer.
- Or scroll down to file manager and select file from list.
- Click on "Select" to upload file from your file manager
Adding Web Links to your Section
- Click to add the URL of your link directly into the section of the page. You can also add web links through the sections called "Resources." Note that you can add tables, horizontal links, smiley faces, special characters, and items from the file manager.