Parish Council Agendas and Minutes

 

 
 

Little Shelford Parish Council

Minutes of Parish Council Meeting Held on Monday 17th September 2018

Present: Andrew Hawthorn, Sarah Penn, David Martin, Richard Patterson, Ken Turner, Brie Lury,

David Munro, David Jones, Kevin Cuffley (CCC Cllr) Parish Clerk: Penny Tanna Members of the public: 1

1. Apologies received : R. Hickford, N. Sample, P. Fane 2. Declaration of interests received: None

Public Session – RS noted the Wale gate sign needed replacing. Cllr DJ is sourcing a new sign.

3. To resolve the Minutes of the Parish meeting held on 2nd July are an accurate record and be signed by

the Chair as such. (circulated prior to meeting) Minute: Agreed by all as a correct record, signed & dated by the Chair

4. Matters arising PT reported no additional insurance was required for the Fun Weekend.

5. County Councillors’ Report: Cllr KC circulated report prior to meeting.

- The Cambridgeshire county library are developing a service for people wishing to start up a business. - Numbers of children & young people in care are significantly above what would be expected to be in line with our statistical neighbours. Numbers have remained steady over the last 12 months, at around 700. However, recently they have increased to above 720. Some are unaccompanied young asylum seekers - Cambridgeshire and Peterborough CCG has extended the closing date for the ‘Community First’ consultation on proposed changes to the provision of inpatient beds for people with a learning disability to 5pm on Friday 12 October 2018.

- Innovate and Cultivate Fund is available to support initiatives that strengthen communities and reduce pressure on county council services. The fund is open to voluntary community social enterprise sector & public sector organisations. The next application deadline is 1st November 2018

- The 2018 Conference for Cambridgeshire Local Councils will be on Friday 23 November 2018 in Huntingdon. It is a full day event including lunch and opportunities for networking with other attendees

- KC attended the M11/J11 engagement group meeting. He feels the issues are not being viewed holistically with Agritech & Uttlesford developments not being taken into account.

6. South Cambridgeshire District Councillors’ report:

Cllrs absent. No report.

7. Matters relating to the Pavilion, Wale Recreation Ground

a) Playground Project – PT reported work was completed & the inspection report received. Outstanding items are the benches, plaque, new bin, permanent safety signs & nettles near the zip wire. SM had asked if the Millenium sign could be re-used or added to. This was discussed but no conclusion made. Wren and Amey claims have been submitted. PT thanked Nicky Luhrs for her help with this. Clerk noted £2004 funds remain to cover outstanding items. This includes the £1000 Ivor Pearl bequest. Cllrs proposed using some of this for a memorial bench for Ivor. The Basketball hoop has been removed as it was unsafe. Replacement to be a future project. Minute: Ivor Pearl bequest to be utilised for a memorial bench. Action: Clerk & Playgroup to source a suitable bench. Minute: Members extended congratulations to all the Playground Group and the clerk for completion of the new playground. They also thanked Charles Kingdon and his volunteers for the painting of the fence. Charles is asking for volunteers willing to paint a second coat of paint on the fence – Please go to the playground on Saturday 29th September if you can help.

.b) Track lighting project update & creation of sub-committee Four contractors have been approached for quotes due by 28th September. In order to expedite the lighting in time for winter, AH requested a subcommittee to be formed to evaluate the bids. Minutes: Members approved the forming a subcommittee with Cllrs AH, RP, SP and KT. Subcommittee has a remit to evaluate the contractors bids based on the specification circulated prior to meeting and to choose the successful bid up to the value of £8000. The clerk to order the works based on the subcommittees recommendations.

c) Discussion of security of entrance gate. It was suggested a height restricting gate be put on Wale entrance to deter unauthorised entry to the grounds. SP circulated a suitable gate specification with a cost of £881 plus installation prior to meeting. She has asked the Planning dept if an application is required & is awaiting a response. Cllrs agreed it was a necessary evil. Minute: Cllrs approved the gate in principal subject to planning dept approval. Action: Clerk to seek additional quotes.

d) Request from resident for a bin at the entrance of the Wale Grounds After discussion it was decided with a bin at the pavilion and the playground there were sufficient bins.

e) Mole problem & to consider an annual mole contract. Mole problems have recurred 3 times this year. Cllrs agreed there was no financial advantage in an annual contract. Cllr BL reported numbers of Nitrous Oxide canisters have been found on the Wale grounds & near the river. Action: Clerk to ask GS if they have similar problems and to report to the PCSO

8. Accounts (documents circulated prior to meeting)

a) To receive account balances and authorise payments in accordance with the RFOs report.

Bank reconciliation at 17th Sept 2018 Current account 74608.16 Deposit account 34141.71 Pavilion account 2030.7

£ 110,780.57 Less unpresented cheques £51,201.86

£ 51,201.86 Uncleared receipts 0 0 Net bank balances £

59,578.71

.Payments to be presented for approval

Hags 1st payment (Wren) 45600 Amey 3rd party contribution 2200 Aim Pest control - moles 100 Littlejohn - audit 240 Ladywell - paye services 52 HCGM - nettle clearance 276 M.M. - litter picking 252 Clerks Fees & expenses 1061.87 Paye 16 Acre - annual renewal 55.5 REJB - turfing 1056 CGM - grasscutting 80.4 Total £50,989.77

Resolved: the account balances were receive and payments list duly authorised for payment

b) Renewal of insurance policies. The Building insurance has increased slightly as value of building increased by 3%. LSSRT to be charged a 3rd of the cost. The general PC insurance renewal cost has increased due to additions of Mobile sign and PLI for additional playground equipment. Clerk is awaiting an alternative quote. All risks insurance for new playground would cost £320 Cllrs noted the playground maintenance inspections should be included in the next budget. Minute: Members approved both policy renewals provided the alternative quote is not significantly less. Clerk to seek quotes for all risks policy for the new playground from a broker.

9. Roads, Traffic and Police report

- Mobile speed sign feedback. RP circulated the data prior to meeting. Newton Rd has the worst statistics with 27% speeding, the fastest being over 60mph. It was suggested the sign be put beyond the 30mph sign to see if that would slow traffic. Other traffic calming measures were suggested. Action: RP to present fresh data at the January meeting prior to any possible LHI bid Action: Cllr SP to report Newton Rd findings to the PCSC RP is looking to place the sign on Church St when a suitable post is found. As relocating the sign is a 2 person job, RP asked for additional help. Could any person willing to help please contact the clerk. The Chair thanked RP for his efforts.

10. Allotments – Clerk to issue renewal invoices to tenants. There are 3 small plots free and the area in the

corner is getting wilder.

11. Village Design Statement

DM reported the application for VDS funds had not been successful. LS was deemed unsuitable as there was insufficient scope for development within the village. However the South Cambs District Council model has changed which will require LS to update the document.

12 . Planning report:

- Joint Minerals and Waste Local Plan consultation: BL reported there is a site just outside Hauxton designated for gravel extraction similar to the Dernford site. Action: Cllr BL to submit a comment requesting heavy loads transport routes do not go through the village.

.- South Cambs planning proposals meeting on 19th Sept will cover Agritech, Welcome & Uttlesford garden

community proposed developments. Clerk and Cllr BL will attend. Recent applications : - S/2611/18/LB – 26 High St – Install twin wall chimney system on listed building – no comment

13. To consider the need for Standing orders

PT circulated a brief on the purpose of standing orders. PT summarised that Standing orders are ‘best practice’ but not a statutory requirement. However it is unusual not to have them and it can hinder some processes. The latest model template from NALC were circulated prior to the meeting. Concerns were raised with the size and complexity of the orders and whether it would hinder rather than help the PC. KC recommended involving Capalc in the process Minute: PC agreed in principal to adopting simplified standing orders – actions to be agreed at November meeting.

14. General Village matters

- Councillors walk report: DJ & SP walked the village. It was seen driveway gravel was spilling onto pavements in many places. The gravel erodes the pavements and causes problems for elderly residents & those with mobility issues. Some houses had hedges encroaching on to pavement. The Terrace has trees overhanging the path. Pavements were poor in a number of places. A tree trunk is part blocking a ditch in Newton Rd. PT to report this to Environment Agency. DM has reported new potholes online. Allotments were untended and the bonfire pile is too big. Action: Request to clear gravel and trim hedges to be put in the newsletter & on the website by DM. Clerk to contact individual residents. DM noted there is a line of subsidence that may possibly be a collapsed drain and a Willow tree has collapsed in the Wale grounds. Action: PT to contact Cambridge water & to source quotes for clearing of the tree.

- 3 fallen trees on Bradmere Lane. Resident has reported the 3 trees in the loop of Bradmere Lane that need clearing. PT noted these are outside the scope of the PC. Action: Clerk to approach a previous volunteer and the Wildlife Society for advice. - A tree in High St, that may be on PC verge, is overhanging the pavement. Action: AH to visit the site.

- Update on the Good Neighbours scheme. RP reported a nearly 45% return rate for the survey. The full results are on the Little Shelford website. Of the various ideas the most popular was walking and yoga. A walking group would be simple to establish. Those interested in Yoga have been put in contact with a local teacher. There was also a strong desire for more opportunities to meet socially possibly with a game or craft aspect. He thanked the 50+ neighbours that delivered the questionnaires and collected the responses.

15. Clerks correspondence

- Review of grass cutting contract. PT requested assistance in ascertaining grass cutting requirements for the coming years prior to seeking quotes for 2019. Cllr DJ to assist. - SCDC request for an Emergency Plan. Chair & PT will assess plan requirements prior to next meeting. - Capalc offer of GDPR membership scheme @ cost of £50. This new service provides support for member councils in preparing and handling a potential breach under the GDPR legislation. Clerk advised membership, but to be reviewed each year. Minute: Members approved membership of the Capalc GDPR membership scheme for 2018-19

.



SelectionFile type iconFile nameDescriptionSizeRevisionTimeUser
Ā
View
  27 Sep 2018, 05:58 David Martin
Ā
View
  27 Sep 2018, 05:58 David Martin
Ā
View
  11 Jul 2018, 08:47 David Martin
Ā
View
  11 Jun 2018, 05:46 David Martin
Ā
View
  26 Mar 2018, 12:47 David Martin
Ā
View
  23 Jan 2018, 05:44 David Martin
Ā
View
  6 Dec 2016, 03:30 David Martin
Ā
View
  30 Sep 2016, 03:40 David Martin
Ā
View
  30 Sep 2016, 03:40 David Martin
Ā
View
  13 May 2016, 05:35 David Martin
Ā
View
  13 May 2016, 05:37 David Martin
ċ

View
  25 Jan 2016, 11:35 David Martin
ċ

View
  25 Jan 2016, 11:32 David Martin
Ā
View
  30 Oct 2015, 08:12 David Martin
ċ

View
  26 Mar 2015, 13:18 David Martin
ċ

View
  20 May 2015, 06:11 David Martin
ċ

View
  17 Feb 2015, 03:29 David Martin
ċ

View
  4 Dec 2014, 01:05 David Martin
ċ

View
  3 Oct 2014, 05:17 David Martin
ċ

View
  3 Oct 2014, 05:15 David Martin
ċ

View
  2 Jun 2014, 01:16 David Martin
ċ

View
  29 May 2014, 03:25 David Martin
ċ

View
  29 May 2014, 03:10 David Martin
ċ

View
  31 Mar 2014, 04:15 David Martin
ċ

View
  31 Mar 2014, 04:18 David Martin
ċ

View
  31 Mar 2014, 04:21 David Martin
ċ

View
  5 Feb 2014, 03:48 David Martin
ċ

View
  12 Dec 2013, 14:36 David Martin
Ā
View
  6 Nov 2013, 02:37 David Martin
Ā
View
  6 Nov 2013, 02:33 David Martin
ċ

View
  14 Jul 2013, 06:32 David Martin
ċ

View
  28 May 2013, 05:29 David Martin
ċ

View
Reports from Village groups and societies are attached below  30 Apr 2013, 09:09 David Martin
ċ

View
  2 Apr 2013, 03:22 David Martin
ċ

View
  28 Jan 2013, 05:30 David Martin
ċ

View
  12 Dec 2012, 05:30 David Martin
ċ

View
  8 Oct 2012, 00:48 David Martin
ċ

View
064 Minutes of the Little Shelford Parish Council meeting July 11 2012  16 Jul 2012, 12:38 David Martin
ċ

View
Minutes of the Little Shelford Parish Council meteing May 2012  8 Jun 2012, 06:52 David Martin
ċ

View
Reports to the Little Shelford Annual Village meeting 2012  8 Jun 2012, 06:51 David Martin
ċ

View
Draft minutes of the Little Shelford Annual Village Meeting April 2012  8 Jun 2012, 06:50 David Martin
ċ

View
Minutes of the Little Shelford Annual Parish meeting April 2011  8 Jun 2012, 06:45 David Martin
ċ

View
Minutes of the Little Shelford Parish Council meeting March 2012  8 Jun 2012, 06:44 David Martin
ċ

View
Minutes of the Little Shelford Parish Council meeting January 2012  8 Jun 2012, 06:42 David Martin
ċ

View
Minutes of the Little Shelford Parish Council meeting November 2011  8 Jun 2012, 06:40 David Martin
ċ

View
Minutes of the Little Shelford Parish Council meeting September 2011  8 Jun 2012, 06:39 David Martin
ċ

View
Minutes of the Little Shelford Parish Council meeting July 2011  8 Jun 2012, 06:38 David Martin
ċ

View
Minutes of the Little Shelford Parish Council meeting May 2011  8 Jun 2012, 06:29 David Martin
ċ

View
Minutes of the Little Shelford Parish Council meeting March 2011  8 Jun 2012, 06:25 David Martin
ċ

View
Minutes of the Parish Council meeting January 2011  8 Jun 2012, 06:23 David Martin
ċ

View
Minutes of the Little Shelford Parish Council meeting November 2010  8 Jun 2012, 06:22 David Martin
ċ

View
Minutes of the Parish Council meeting September 2010  8 Jun 2012, 06:20 David Martin
ċ

View
Minutes of the Little Shelford Parish Council meeting July 2010  8 Jun 2012, 06:18 David Martin
ċ

View
Minutes of the Little Shelford Parish Council meeting May 2010  8 Jun 2012, 06:16 David Martin
ċ

View
Minutes of the Parish Council meeting March 2010  8 Jun 2012, 06:14 David Martin
ċ

View
Minutes of the Parish Council meeting January 2010  8 Jun 2012, 06:13 David Martin
ċ

View
Minutes of the Little Shelford Parish Council meeting November 2009  8 Jun 2012, 06:11 David Martin
ċ

View
Minutes of the Little Shelford Parish Council meeting September 20 2009  8 Jun 2012, 06:10 David Martin
ċ

View
Minutes of the Little Shelford Parish Council meeting July 2009  8 Jun 2012, 06:08 David Martin
ċ

View
Minutes of the Little Shelford Parish Council meeting May 2009  8 Jun 2012, 06:07 David Martin
ċ

View
Minutes of the Little Shelford Parish Council meeting March 2009  8 Jun 2012, 06:05 David Martin
ċ

View
Minutes of the Little Shelford Parish Council meeting January 2009  8 Jun 2012, 05:50 David Martin
ċ

View
Minutes of the Parish Council meeting Nov 26 2008  8 Jun 2012, 05:48 David Martin
ċ

View
Minutes of the Parish Council meeting September 27 2008  8 Jun 2012, 05:47 David Martin
ċ

View
Minutes of the Parish Council meeting May 28 2008  8 Jun 2012, 05:45 David Martin
ċ

View
Minutes of the Annual Village meeting April 24 2008  8 Jun 2012, 05:43 David Martin
ċ

View
Minutes of the Parish Council meeting March 23 2008  8 Jun 2012, 05:41 David Martin
ċ

View
Minutes of the Parish Council meeting Jan 23 2008  8 Jun 2012, 05:39 David Martin
ċ

View
Minutes of the Parish Council meeting November 28 2007  8 Jun 2012, 05:37 David Martin
ċ

View
Minutes of the Parish Council meeting July 20 2007  8 Jun 2012, 05:35 David Martin
ċ

View
Minutes of the Parish Council meeting May 20 2007  8 Jun 2012, 05:33 David Martin
ċ

View
Minutes of the Parish Council meeting April 20 2007  8 Jun 2012, 05:31 David Martin
ċ

View
Minutes of the Parish Council meeting March 20 2007  8 Jun 2012, 05:30 David Martin
Ċ
View
  29 May 2015, 08:05 David Martin
Ċ
View
  2 Jun 2017, 00:42 David Martin
Ċ
View
  2 Jun 2017, 00:42 David Martin
Ċ
View
  2 Jun 2017, 00:42 David Martin
Ċ
View
  2 Jun 2017, 00:42 David Martin