Recipe: Courtesy of Whole Foods Market
2 Tbsp. olive oil
1 yellow onion, diced
2 jalapenos, seeded and diced
1 green pepper, seeded and diced
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1 lb. ground turkey breast, seasoned and cooked
1 can diced tomatoes, with liquid
1 can of pumpkin puree
1 1/2 c. chicken stock (original recipe calls for 1 c. water instead)
1 Tbsp. chili powder
1 tsp. cumin
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
1 can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
** optional: 1 Tbsp. brown sugar
1. Heat a dutch oven with olive oil and add the onion, jalapeno, and green pepper. Saute until tender.
2. Add the garlic to the pot and cook for a minute longer.
3. Add the remainder of the ingredients and bring to a boil.
4. Turn the heat to "low", cover, and simmer for 3-4 hours. Stir occasionally.
5. Serve with sour cream, shredded cheese, tomatoes, cilantro, chips, etc.