3 c. oven-roasted, seasoned broccoli
(I like to roast frozen broccoli straight from the freezer with
olive oil and seasonings - 425 degrees for 20-30 minutes.)
2 c. shredded roasted chicken
1 Tbsp. butter
1 Tbsp. flour
1/2 c. skim milk
1 c. reduced sodium chicken stock
1/3 c. shredded parmesan cheese
1/3 c. shredded cheddar cheese
1 Tbsp. onion powder
1 tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. paprika
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
4 Tbsp. low-fat ricotta
1/2 c. panko bread crumbs
nonstick cooking spray
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
1. In a sauce pot, melt the butter and add the flour to make a roux.
2. Slowly add the cold milk and the chicken stock. Stir and allow the mixture to thicken.
3. Add the parmesan, cheddar, and spices.
4. Allow the mixture to bubble and thicken. Stir occasionally.
5. Once the mixture thickens, add the chicken and broccoli and combine thoroughly. Remove from the heat.
6. Spray a 3 quart baking dish with nonstick spray and pour the chicken and broccoli mixture into the dish.7. Top the mixture with small spoonfuls of the ricotta.
8. Mix the bread crumbs with all-purpose seasoning and then spread the mixture on top of the casserole dish.
9. Spray the bread crumbs with olive oil spray, or cooking spray to help them brown.
10. Bake for 20 minutes.