Serves 2-4 people
1 rack of baby back pork ribs (2-3 pounds)
3 tbsp. water
1 sweet onion, chopped
1 garlic clove, sliced
3 tbsp. brown sugar
1 tbsp. onion powder
1 tbsp. garlic powder
1 tbsp. chili powder
1 tbsp. paprika
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. cumin
1 tsp. black pepper
1 tsp. white pepper
1/2 tsp. oregano
1/2 tsp. cayenne
1. Combine all of the dry ingredients (from brown sugar to cayenne) in a small bowl.
2. Cut the slab of ribs into groups of 2-3.
3. Rub the dry rub onto the meat side of the ribs. (You may want to do this the night before to allow the flavors to absorb.)
4. Put the water, onions, and garlic into the slow cooker.
5. Stand the ribs up in the slow cooker, with the meat side touching the sides of the slow cooker.
6. Put the lid on the slow cooker and cook on low for 8 hours.
7. After 8 hours, line a baking pan with aluminum foil, and turn the broiler on low.
8. Place the ribs on the pan, cover with barbecue sauce, and broil for a few minutes. (Optional - grill the ribs instead of broiling them)