16 "drumettes" or wings - I adore Perdue drumettes (found in the refrigerated case with the fresh, packaged chicken)
2 Tbsp. brown sugar
2 tsp. onion powder
2 tsp. garlic powder
2 tsp. paprika
1 tsp. sea salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
1/2 tsp. cayenne
2 tbsp. melted butter
1 c. hot sauce (We love Franks)
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
1. Place the drummettes on a lined baking sheet and bake with the skin on for 15 minutes.
2. Mix the spice ingredients together in a small bowl and set aside.
3. Remove from the oven and allow them to cool for a few minutes. Then, peel the majority of the skin off. Line the baking sheet with new foil and spray with nonstick spray.
3. Rub each drumette with the spice rub and place them on a newly lined baking sheet.
4. Bake for 10 minutes more.
5. Remove and allow them to cool for 10 minutes. Set the oven to 400 degrees.
6. Mix the butter and hot sauce and coat each wing.
7. Place them back into the oven at 400 degrees and bake for 5-10 minutes.