Recipe: Cooking Light - Oct. 1996
2 tsp. olive oil
1 c. onions, sliced
1 c. carrots, diced
1 c. celery, diced
1 large garlic clove, minced
1/4 c. flour
1/2 tsp. dried oregano
1/4 tsp. dried thyme
1/4 tsp. poultry seasoning
6 c. low-sodium chicken broth
4 c. peeled and diced baking potatoes
1 tsp. salt
2 c. shredded chicken (rotisserie, or roasted)
1 c. evaporated skim milk
2 c. uncooked wheat egg noodles
Optional - fresh thyme or parsley
1. In a large dutch oven, heat the olive oil and add the onions, carrots, and celery.
2. When the vegetables are tender, add the garlic and stir for 2 minutes.
3. Sprinkle the flour over the vegetables and add the oregano, thyme, and poultry seasoning. Stir for another minute.
4. Add the broth, potatoes, and salt and bring the soup to a boil.
5. Reduce the heat, partially cover, and allow the soup to simmer for 25 minutes (or until the potatoes are tender).
6. Add the chicken, milk, and noodles and cook 10 minutes (or until noodles are tender).
7. Sprinkle with fresh thyme or parsley.