1 lb. U-12 to U-15 wild caught shrimp (we used Key West Pink), tail and shell on, thawed
1/4 c. butter, melted
2 cloves of garlic, pressed or minced
1 Tbsp. parmesan cheese, very finely shredded
1/2 tsp. parsley
1/4 tsp. Old Bay seasoning
1/8 tsp. salt
1. Take the thawed shrimp, rinse them and use a pairing knife (preferably a curved pairing knife) to devein the shrimp (while leaving the shell on) and create a deep enough cut to hold some of the butter/garlic mixture.
2. In a small bowl, combine the melted butter, garlic, parmesan, and seasonings.
3. Place the shrimp in a shallow dish and coat with the butter mixture while using your hands to ensure some of the mixture gets into the cut on the top of the shrimp made by the pairing knife.
4. Insert the shrimp onto skewers.
5. Grill the shrimp on low to medium heat for 2-4 minutes total. Watch them carefully so that you do not leave them on the heat for too long - two minutes per side is usually perfect.