Makes enough sauce for 16 enchiladas
2 Tbsp. canola oil
2 Tbsp. cornstarch
1/4 c. chili powder
4 c. chicken broth
1 c. tomato sauce
1 tsp. salt
1 1/2 tsp. cumin
2 tsp. oregano
3 tsp. sugar
1/8 tsp. cayenne
1/4 tsp. cinnamon
1. Heat the oil and cornstarch in a sauce pan on medium. Stir until combined and mixture is smooth (paste-like).
2. Add chili powder and stir. Let the mixture bubble for a minute.
3. Slowly add chicken broth and stir.
4. Add the tomato sauce, salt, cumin, oregano, sugar, cayenne, and cinnamon.
5. Simmer the sauce on low until it thickens.
6. Pour over enchiladas and enjoy!