Recipe adapted from: Two Peas and Their Pod
Makes 24 cookies
1/2 c. butter, softened
2/3 c. light brown sugar
1 tsp. vanilla extract
3/4 c. flour
1/2 tsp. baking soda
3/4 tsp. cinnamon
dash of nutmeg and cloves
1/4 tsp. salt
1 1/2 c. old-fashioned oats
3/4 c. raisins
1/3 c. dark chocolate chips
6-7 caramels, chopped into small pieces
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
1. In a large bowl, mix together the butter, brown sugar, egg, and vanilla until smooth.
2. In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and salt.
3. Slowly add the dry ingredients into the large bowl of wet ingredients and stir the ingredients together.
4. Add the oats, raisins, chocolate, and caramels to the batter and mix.
5. Use a tablespoon to scoop the mixture onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment.
6. Bake 10 to 12 minutes.