Makes 16 little pies
4 medium apples, peeled and sliced (I used Fuji)
1 Tbsp. cornstarch
2-3 Tbsp. brown sugar (2 if you like a little tartness, 3 if you prefer sweet!)
1 tsp. apple pie spice
1/2 c. water
2 9-in. refrigerated pie crusts
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
1. Heat a dutch oven over medium heat and add cornstarch, brown sugar, apple pie spice, and water.
2. Bring the mixture to a simmer and add the apples.
3. Cover the dutch oven and allow the apples to cook for 30-40 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, spray a mini muffin tin with nonstick spray and unroll the 2 pie crusts.
5. Use something with a 2 1/2 to 3 inch diameter to make the mini pie crusts (I used the top of a sippy cup) and press them in the muffin tins.
6. When the apples are tender, spoon them into the pie crusts.
7. Top the apples with pie crust pieces (I used small leaf and apple cookie cutters).
8. Bake for 20-30 minutes at 350 degrees.