3 tablespoons of Butter
1 (4 ounce) can Green Chiles, chopped
1 cup Onion, minced
1/4 cup celery, minced
2 garlic cloves, minced
3/4 cup Half and Half
1/4 cup Beer, (I used Dos Equis)
4 ounces of Monterey Jack Cheese, shredded
4 ounces of White American Cheese, shredded
1 teaspoon ground Cumin
1-2 teaspoons Garlic Powder
1/4 teaspoon Salt
1. Melt butter in a large, heavy saucepan over medium heat. Add green chiles, onion, celery, and garlic and cook 3-4 minutes or until softenend.
2. Pour in the Half and Half and stir until well blended
3. Pour in the beer and let it cook for about a minute
4. Add the shredded cheese, one handful at a time, making sure cheese melts before you add another handful.
5. Stir in Cumin, Garlic Powder, and Salt.
6. Serve with tortilla chips.