4 lbs. yellow squash, sliced
1 large sweet onion, finely chopped
1 cup freshly shredded Cheddar cheese
2 tablespoons butter
1 cup mayonnaise
1 teaspoon garlic salt
1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
2 cups soft, fresh breadcrumbs, divided
1-1/4 cups freshly shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
2 tablespoons butter, melted
1/2 cup French fried onions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
1. Cook squash in boiling water to cover in a dutch oven 8 minutes or just until veggies ar etender; drain squash thoroughly. Pour squash into large mixing bowl.
2. Saute diced onions in 2 tablespoons butter until tender. Add to squash.
3. Add shredded Cheddar cheese, mayonnaise, garlic salt, pepper, 1 cup breadcumbs, and 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese. Spoon into a lightly greased 13X9-inch baking dish.
4. Stir together melted butter, french fried onions, and remaining 1 cup breadcrumbs and 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese. Sprinkle over squash mixture in baking dish.
5. Bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes or until set. Serves 8-10