BLUEBERRY PANCAKES (makes about 8-12 medium to small pancakes)
1-1/2 cups all purpose flour
3 tablespoons sugar
1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1-1/2 cups evaporated milk
2 tablespoons butter, melted (I used salted)
2 large eggs
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup of blueberries
*Without the addition of the blueberries, it is a basic pancake recipe.
Whisk the first four ingredients together in a large bowl.
Add the milk and the butter to the dry mixture and whisk to blend well.
Add the eggs and vanilla and blend until combined. Do not overblend.
Fold in blueberries.
1. Heat and lightly butter a skillet. I use a non-stick skillet for pancakes.
2. Ladle batter into skillet and stop when the size is a little smaller than you want it to be because it will spread a little.
3. Wait until the top has bubbles on top and some have began to pop before you flip them over. If you flip them and they do not end up where you want them, wait a few seconds until the bottom has cooked a little and then you can adjust them.
4. They will start to rise and will only take about half the time on the second side as the first. You can lift the edge a little to see if it is lightly browned.
5. Remove from skillet, top with butter and syrup.