Here are some of the questions I am currently interested in:
- What roles do stories play in public debates? How should we assess stories that contribute to an argument?
- Are we responsible for our beliefs? In what circumstances are we to blame for having false or irrational beliefs?
- How does a psychiatric diagnosis affect personal narratives of mental health service users? In particular, does it change the way they experience and describe their agency?
- What is the best account of the demarcation between mental health and mental illness? In particular, what distinguishes pathological from non-pathological cognitions?
- Are positive illusions and unrealistic optimism good or bad for us? Do they increase wellbeing? Do they support agency? In which circumstances are they detrimental?