What does LIRG do?
LIRG aims to raise awareness of information research by:
- Increasing its profile and influencing its direction;
- Promoting the dissemination of sound research methodology and results;
- Assisting in the development of emerging researchers; and
- Enabling networking between researchers.
The activities of the Group are co-ordinated by an elected committee of researchers, research students, lecturers and practitioners in the library and information profession.
There are no vacancies currently but if you are interested in joining us and have a specific skill or expertise that you think the the committee would benefit from, then please get in touch with the LIRG Chair.
LIRG will support and raise the profile of library and information science research and its use by CILIP LIRG members and the wider community. It will provide relevant and high quality activities and publications for practitioners and researchers which will encourage ‘research into practice’ and involve wider stakeholders.
How can you get involved in LIRG?
LIRG welcomes your active involvement and support.
Join us today and:
- Stand for the LIRG Committee. The Group's activities are organized by a committee drawn from the membership. If you are a member of CILIP (Chartered Institute of Library and Information Professionals) then make sure you
select LIRG (Library and Information Research Group) as one of your Special Interest Groups. If you are not a member of CILIP then join today.
- Contribute to Library and Information Research (LIR) - we always seek news items, articles and book reviews about library and information research;
- Attend our workshops, meetings or regional/national events;
- Join lis-lirg discussion group and initiate or participate in email discussions about library and information research.